Not2sure A little bit of every thing #12 🔜

Looks like I need to re look at what I write or get a smarter key board :laughing: @yoshi I have done a lot of autos and have yet to come across a strain that would fill a 4x4. I think you can do as well in a 2x2 scrog as with a 2x4 with autos too. The biggest I would use would be a 30" x 30" my self. You can’t control how much veg they get. That line confuses me as I know you are an excellent grower and know how these work :thinking:
With the right strain. I have gotten 13oz from one auto in a 2x2 area. My CP above should be in that ball park with how she is doing :grin:
I would try the 3 autos in your 4x4 area. You can always spread the taller ones into one of the other plants areas if needed. I did 3 plants in my 5 x 2.5 tent. The Sour kush was in the center and had to be ran over into both the other plants areas. I did it to try and keep them close to the same height. It works out fine. :grin: I only ran 450w in that tent. :+1:

4 Likes

Jeeesh well I will have my hands full with my 4 autos in a 2x4 look @Not2SureYet just from two days of LST they have exploded well the one in the middle front haha and the one I FIMed in back I opened up a little but I can’t anymore because I need to leave room for the others. I have to install a scrip net today for sure

5 Likes

@ConcreteBudz with that many. I would be thinking of what you can use to lift a plant or 2 if you need. The help keep the shorter ones up near those that stretch a little more. That should be one full tent :+1:

3 Likes

lol i see a new tent in his future :sunglasses:. yes i said i would only have one tent, then i bought one so i could have a flower tent and a veg tent, then i bought one so i could have two flower tents because my one veg tent was sitting idle too long waiting for the flower tent to get where i could start another crop lol. it is very hard not to buy more space :grimacing: lol

i use 2x4’s it works but it would be nice not to have to move 4 blocks around. i have no carpenter skills or i would fix that lol

we have a 12 plant limit here in Mi so three tents will do me for the duration, i hope lol

2 Likes

@monkman we have a 6 plant limit. As you can see. I follow that pretty strict :laughing: I have 5 tents my self and have sold 3 others :roll_eyes: This is a sickness I tell you :laughing: I have had to use 5 gallon buckets as well as foam boxes I had around for a lift. Normally to get a vegging plant up that was next to a flowering one. I cut holes in my buckets since I need to collect the run off.
The plant on the left is a Critical purple. Same breeder as the one I am doing now. :grin:

11 Likes

Why not just sit the pot inside the bucket with more soil so if she wants to root more, they will root out that smart pot , if you veg them strong enough.

2 Likes

I am not following you :thinking: Which or who were you referring to. @yoshi :slightly_smiling_face:

@Not2SureYet instead of turning the 5 gallon upside down , you can full it with soil and just sit the pot on top of the soil inside the bucket as a stagger rise . Put 3/4’s of dirt in the bucket and sit the planted pot on top of it and it you want you can just cut :scissors: the bottom half of the fabric pot and place it down in the 3 quarter full soil bucket 5 gallon in case it wants more room to get bigger .

1 Like

I got it. That isn’t needed. The riser is just till the plants grow to full sized. I have some autos I start next to adults since they are fine with the 12/12. I wouldn’t ever go bigger than a 5 gallon for an auto either. Just a waste of soil. You can grow almost any auto out in a 3 gallon fine. I don’t mostly because the pots dry out so fast. :grin: The one on the white box grows small by nature. So I know I always need a riser for it. If I remember right. The other was a swiss cheese. Another small dense plant. Either way. I would still need holes in the bucket for drainage. I look for about 4 cups of run off each feeding :grin:
Thanks for keeping me on my toes though :grin: :+1:

5 Likes

@Not2SureYet should I raise the pot on my smaller auto so it’s more level with the others? Not the big one in the back but more raised to the others. Or just leave it for now and let them grow? Where would you stick my already flowering random auto (it was a freebie so unknown strain) I FIMed her and messed up and my cat took a top off. I’m more focused on my three passion punches and there growing pretty fast. Should I stick the older flowering one in the corner?

I kinda wanted to put her outside let her finish up out there or ask my buddy to take her in so I can focus on my main three. But I’ve seen people squeeze 5-8 plants in a 2x4 so idk haha what ya think

4 Likes

They look close enough to keep together right now. Height wise. The little less light for the others will help them stretch some. And while @Nicky does great with the fimm. It doesn’t work for me I found. At least not with a scrogg. It takes to long to catch back up. I can top and be spreading branches pretty fast. With my fimm. It takes for every for the 4 to grow enough to split. My scrogs are set some what close at 10" of the top of my pots. So not a lot of wiggle room for delays. I had to super crop the CP as you saw. I will be able to spread some. But will have one glob all in the same area. I think it is a trial and error deal like every thing else. Eventually we figure out how to make things work. I would probably plan on having the one. I can see why he tops so fast now :grin: If you are not following @IP54 his grow may interest you as he crams a bunch in a 2x4 :grin:

2 Likes

Yeah I think I’m gonna just squeeze them in. Throw a net across but that short one you see in bottom right corner? She’s so stalky and stiff I already have her bent at a nice angle but she seems to not be growing out much or atleast a lot slower. Than others. I was thinking of releasing her bend and just letting her grow? That might help make room to right because she will be less bushy? Or ride it out and try to make a nice even canopy everywhere I can and throw a net across? Thanks I’ll check his thread out

2 Likes

My feelings are the nets are only good for support. The squares are to far apart to use like a scrog. I have a few of them and use them to dry with. You can buy a pack of bamboo poles cheap and make a scrog similar to the one I have in my 5’ tent. You can make the squares and size you want. I have mine originally set up so I can use binder clips on the legs to adjust them. I have the one in the 5’ tent floating. Hung by string.

3 Likes

Thanks yeah I was thinking of doing a custom scrog

1 Like

I have a video showing how simple it was to make the bamboo ones I use.

2 Likes

Yes please! Haha

1 Like

@ConcreteBudz

Part 1

Part 2

7 Likes

That’s Millie the grow supervisor!

Solid guide @Not2SureYet giving all your tricks away!

3 Likes

Only one grow in here. Have every one grow great stuff. I wouldn’t be where I am at with out the sharing of others :slightly_smiling_face: I saw @Momtomask had a bamboo scrog and tried to copy hers :grin:

4 Likes

Great idea brother. Been trying to find something hard like that. Thanks a million! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

1 Like