Not understanding how much light I should have

I have a 2x2x4 tent. Is this light enough or should I have more light. Also how many plants would work best for this size tent

Well. The actual draw power is 135w, that won’t do you much good beyond seedling and early veg stage IMO.

Based on that light and your tent size, you are going to face yield and height issues, that’s if you make it to flower stage on that light.

I will leave the rest to the experience growers, do you have a budget for lights? You could SCROG, LST with one plant in that tent, based off what I’ve seen.

Good luck!

1 Like

Agree with Zee. I use 130 watt light similar to that one for seedlings and veg. Due to forces beyond my control (that would be me of course) I had to use it during flower. The plant stretched and the bud was loose and of less weight than under my tent light. You could probably do one small plant.

Looks like a repackaged viparspectra 300. Same diodes, same stats, different case. If that’s what you have to work with, it will work from seed to harvest in that size tent. You will need to top and either train or scrog because you run out of headroom quickly otherwise. This is what the vipar did for me in the same size tent. I don’t have a finished pic because I switched to HLG lights shortly after this pic. This is about week 4 of flower

Yeah that light won’t even be enough. I ran 1 Viparspectra PAR600 light which is double the power draw and the most I got was 3.32 oz dried, cured and no stems.

I switched to HLG lights and now my small harvest is 27 oz and up. Sure the price is costly but 1 gram smoked only lasts about 30 minute high for me. My tolerance is so high that I am expanding to edibles and what not. So that 27 oz don’t last long. :+1:

1 Like