Not sure what this is need help identifying

Hi 2 week into flower and i noticed this brown spotting on some of the leaves and one was wilting a little bit. Hope the pictures are clear so you guys can see it. Also only a few leaves are like this doesn’t look like it’s phosphorus deficiency. Not sure

Thanks nic

Fill out a support ticket and check out this diagram.

1 Like

Where can i fill out a support ticket?

Support Ticket

Strain; Type, Bag seed, ILGM… name of strain:

How many plants:

Age from Sprout and Flower:

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco / Brand and type of Soil & Size of Pots:

How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so?

PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir:

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS:

Indoor or Outdoor:

Light system, size and height from plants:

Temps; Day, Night:

Humidity:

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size:

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier:

Co2; Yes, No:

Just copy and fill in the ticket. I’m a new guy so I can’t offer advice but this will give the pros a basis for diagnosis.

4 Likes

Welcome to ilgm @Happygogojuice

On the pics when you are asking for help take pics under natural or white light and one one pic per post so we can zoom in with the site zoom. Looking forward to that support ticket. Please give thorough answers so we can help you out!

4 Likes

When you fill out the support ticket, would you also tell us: are you using a ph meter and when did you calibrate it last?

2 Likes

Calcium root rot or pests rule out the pests first with magnifier then check res for smell and or slimy roots brown/white if they feel slimy and stink you have a problem. Check your ph Meter is properly calibrated then confirm res is 5.8 ph
and ppm is 11-1200 if all these are already checked tag me again with your nutrients added on last change and we’ll see what we can tweak :wink: May be as simple as adding some Cal-mag

3 Likes

Support Ticket
Strain; Type, Bag seed, ILGM… name of strain: white widow fem
How many plants: 4 (3hydroponic) (1soil)
Age from Sprout and Flower: 1week germ/sprout, 3 week veg, 2 weeks of flower so farm
Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco / Brand and type of Soil & Size of Pots: hydroponic
How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so? I Change the water and solution every 6 days.
PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir:5.8
What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS: general hydroponic nutrient solution/voodojuice
Indoor or Outdoor: indoor
Light system, 2 Advanced Platinum Series P600 600w 12-band LED Grow Light - DUAL VEG/FLOWER FULL SPECTRUM size 4x4 6.5
height from plants: 20in
Temps; Day 66, Night: 73
Humidity: 60-70
Ventilation system; No
Humidifier
Co2; no
Note i messed up in the beginning with the The nutrients measurements, so i switched them to the general hydroponic nutrients graph
I have a jellas ph meeter and i calabrate it every 2 weeks! The roots are also not smelly or slimey i also spray my plants with a cinnamon oil water mix to keep the bugs away

1 Like

What are you using for water? I agree with @Donaldj, if it’s not bugs or ph calmag will most likely do the trick.

If you’re using tap water with a reasonable ppm it usually contains enough that you don’t have to worry about it. If your water is soft, or you’re using filtered, distilled, or ro water it typically needs to be supplemented with some calmag.

1 Like

Im using filtered tap water at the momment through A Pur filter so i thought that would be better than reguliar tap water.
Nic

1 Like

It’s probably filtering out what your plants are missing.

Are you on municipal water? Doing anything to get rid of treatment chemicals?

1 Like

All i use is tap water im not to sure what Municipal water is. Still really new to growing, The filters i have filter through carbon so i assumed nothing but pure h20 is coming out, Since i thought straight tap water is bad to do dwc with.
Nic

1 Like

Municipal water, like city water or you’re on a well?

Those filters won’t remove chlorine or other treatment methods. That could jut as easily be an issue for you as well. But without knowing exactly what you’re dealing with it’s kind of hard to help you. If you’re on city or municipal water, there should be a report you can find online. You need to see what they’re treating water with. If it’s chlorine, you can just let it sit out stirring it every once in a while and the chlorine will evaporate on its own. Other chemicals may require different different methods.

If you get that figured out, I would take tds measurements before and after filter. Ditching the filter and/or adding some calmag could be all you need.

1 Like

Typically in hydro we add Cal-mag since it boosts plant structure too much can be a pain too but the primary reason we would filter water is very simple since I want to be in charge of everything in it :smile: In most soil mediums cal is present just waiting to be needed however in hydro if you didn’t add it only minimal levels may be present

2 Likes

Aparently my water comes from ponds and a lake, The “Treatment processes include oxidation, coagulation, pH adjustment, clarification, filtration, fluoridation, disinfection and corrosion control.” So i dont think they use Corine but it does not say that they do. Seems to me cali magic should fix this for sure is what im getting at.
Nic

Everywhere is a little different, so I couldn’t be sure. I know I can look up a water testing report for my community, and it specifically lists chlorine concentration.

The more control you have the better off you’ll be, can’t argue with that. But you’re also aware of what you’re removing, why you’re removing it, and what you need to do on account of removing it. In this case, simply filtering the water because it will probably be better for the plants wasn’t really holding true. Provided there aren’t any other issues with the water, op probably wouldn’t be here with an issue without the filter. If I’m not mistaken, the gh nutes recommend being used with standard tap water specifically for this reason? Or maybe I’m confused with another line of nutrients?

3 Likes

I primarily use rainwater

4 Likes