Not sure what is going on...need some input

@Beans @Zombo @garrigan62

Should I still flush out the soil even though I’ve watered them 2 times since? And you are saying flush them with 9 gallons of water (they are in a 3 gallon pot). Do I still PH the water?

As far as the call/mag that you mentioned @Zombo and @Beans, if I purchase some and use it but that isn’t the issue, is it harmful to the plant if it is not needed?

I looked into info on the water in my area, I have a breakdown of what’s in it, but nothing for PPM. Just the fact we are one step above soft water.

1 Like

@dmykins this is my second season trying to grow so I don’t want to steer ya wrong buddy bc I still need some better grows under my belt. I do try to give advice I know is accurate but you’d be in better hands with some of the better growers. @Myfriendis410 & @garrigan62 & @bob31 really helped a lot with my grow. Not sure how to link topics yet but bob made a grow journal out of mine. Search ‘beans grow journal- can’t get ph up’. Maybe there’s some answers in there for you.
You said your FF soils were layered, what’s the ratio? Reckon maybe the roots have made it to the lower layer?

Edit- sorry for not mentioning @Wishingilivedina420state

1 Like

Are you following the GH Drain to Waste Feeding schedule? @dmykins When you say you are feeding at 1/8th the recommended dose, what exactly does that mean? (In other words, what is 1/8th dose?)

Do you water to runoff?

If you aren’t watering to runoff, then you are probably getting a bit of a buildup as well. And if your pH is off a little and you over water them…

ALWAYS pH the water or the nutrient mix! Always! :grinning:

5 Likes

@bob31 I water until I get water coming out of the pots sides and bottom… If there is more of an exact science for runoff then I don’t do that lol. I just water till it starts coming out.

For an example of an 1/8th of a dose I took the recommended dose, say it was 4ml…and I gave .5 (half) a ml. My thought process was this… a quarter of 4ml is 1ml…half of that is an 8th if a ml. I didn’t want to risk burning them.

I personally don’t think a little cal mag is gonna hurt, try half a dose… @dmykins… But let other more experienced people chime in… It seems like what @Beans said, cal mag deficiency to me… Some strains need more cal mag than others… I’ve been adding some Epsom salt like once a month which gives a little more mag… Kind of like supplemental dose and have had no issues with my WW

3 Likes

When @garrigan62 says something, I would give that the most attention. It’s possible that your plant found a hot pocket of soil in the pot and is reacting to it. But I would do whatever he suggests.

5 Likes

@Myfriendis410

Well I don’t know about all that.
But @bob31 is very smart and don’t under estermate anything he has to say.

Will

6 Likes

I give him the utmost attention too lol. But you had a diagnosis for the o.p. to start with while @bob31 digs down for the juicy nuggets lol. @garrigan62

2 Likes

@Myfriendis410

The only thing i can say is " YOU GOTA LOV THIS PLACE "

Will

8 Likes

It is pretty cool, isn’t it? Showing this to a select few who would like to see your comment like @bob31, @daz49, @Willd, @Wishingilivedina420state, @Countryboyjvd1971, @DoomSack.

3 Likes

I appreciate all of the help from everyone… @Myfriendis410 @garrigan62 @bob31 @Zombo

So it looks as though everyone has narrowed it down to either a cal/mag deficiency or nute burn.

Solution for nute burn is to flush the plant
Solution for cal/mag is to add cal/mag

With that said, is one more important than the other, or should I do one first to see if it is the problem? If so, which one would take precedence over the other?

I also want to point out that all the new growth is green and seems ok…

Again, I appreciate everyone’s help. This place is awesome!

@dmykins, strongly recommend you follow the flush instructions given above. At the next watering you can give her a little cal-mag.

@Myfriendis410 sounds good, and I can flush it now, i don’t need to wait until they need water correct?

1 Like

@dmykins

yes and this is why

Your plant is having issues in up-taking some nutrients, and to much of others, there for you want to flush out the build up of inpurity’s so that the plant is free to up-take it’s nutrient so if you don’t flush the cal/mag will be use-less

Will

3 Likes

@garrigan62

How important is waiting 24 hours with the water? I currently have 9 gallons of water sitting out. I know you mentioned 24 hours for the chlorine to evaporate. So far it’s been out about 2 hours lol. I just wasn’t sure if I can do it first thing in the AM or if it literally has to be 24 hours.

Plus I want to get it done sooner than later to make sure she stays healthy…

1 Like

Cal mag for sure , not nute burn, if plants are having trouble taking in nutes , then my guess is that it started as a ph lock out that lead to a calmag problem and possible more issue.

2 Likes

@Wishingilivedina420state

So either way I have to flush it at this point to correct the problem…correct?

1 Like

I would agree with that @dmykins .

I use fox farm nutes and soil. And one of there rules ( fox farm nobody else) flush at first sign of anything wrong. ( minus bugs) .

I know most people on this site don’t agree with flushing that much but I find it’s 100s times easier to correct problems this way. With fox farm.

I will be switching over to Botanicare in the next month or two for some side by side comparison with clones.

3 Likes

@Wishingilivedina420state

Perfect, I will flush ASAP, will the plant look overwatered and not so healthy after the flush? They are in fabric pots so they have decent drainage

Also how important is leaving the water out for 24 hours for the chlorine to evaporate? I want to get it flushed ASAP and don’t want to wait until mid-day tomorrow :frowning: but obviously I will if I have to.

Again, everyone here is AWESOME!

1 Like