Not sure what is going on...need some input

I am upload pics of my plants. I am not sure what is going on or if I should even worry about it…but here’s the story. My plants are all flowering and some of the fan leaves are developing spots…the growth of the plant seems to be fine and the beer leaves don’t have the spots. On one plant, the leaves are pointing up which I read was a happy plant but it still has spots and dying leaves at the bottom. The other plant isn’t as perky, only one leaf has a spot, but the tips of the second plant look a bit clawed. My third plant isn’t showing any of these signs…

The PH of water in is 6.5, the PH of the runoff is 6.7. They are in FFOF. I only used a small dose of nutrients once. the temp is between 70 and 75, with a humidity right around 50.

Any input is appreciated…

I did a quick look and maybe a calmag issue?

Those "rust"looking spots might be Potassium deficiency? But how far into flower are you?

1 Like

Would you be kind enough to fill out a support ticket? Just copy and paste this and fill out what you can. This will help us all.

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor

Light system, size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

1 Like

@Myfriendis410 Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA: blueberry auto from ILGM

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco? FFOF in 3 gallon smart pots

System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir? 6.7

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS: N/a

Indoor or Outdoor
Light system, size? 270 watt LED with 4 2700K CFL

Temps; Day, Night 70 night 77 day

Humidity; Day, Night : 50%

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size: 6 inch with inline fan
AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier: AC and de humidifier when needed

Co2; No

@rodri59 I would say they starting flowering around the 27th of September. Thats when the pistils were visible.

3 Likes

Lastly (sorry, I’m high lol) could you put up a couple of the problem leaves as individual posts? That way we can zoom in. :blush:

1 Like

1 Like

@Myfriendis410 it’s only a few leaves and the rest of the leaves are pointing up like they are happy.

My second plants the tips of the leaves are pointing down and there is maybe one leaf with spots…the third plant has no marks at all…

What nutrients did you give it when you did?

1 Like

@dmykins…like you wrote, Cal/mag… IMHO

3 Likes

@Myfriendis410 I gave the GH trio FloraGrow, Florabloom, FloraMicro. I only mixed about an 1/8th of the recommended dose…

Just a side note… I planted the seeds in the final pots…the top part of the soil was FFHF and the bottom half is FFOF because I knew that the FFOF was too hot for a seedling…so I assume the roots are now into the FFOF soil.

2 Likes

@Zombo ok. If it is calmag, is there any specific brand or type that is recommended?

1 Like

@dmykins

What you have going on is] NUTRIENT BURN

I also recommend not feeding more than 1 time a week if using ½ teaspoon per gallon of water for chemical nutrients. You can feed every other day,( this goes for chemical and organics) at very weak amounts, but doing this may contribute to over watering, and for that I do not recommend feeding more than once a week. Some people feed 2 times a week using like ¼ teaspoon per gallon of water… Use 1/4 strength for first feeding and then go up to 1/2 strength from the 2nd feeding when using chemical nutrients. It’s very easy to overdo it. When using organics, depending on which one you’re using, I recommend using 1 teaspoon per gallon of water. When the plant gets bigger you can work your way up to using more nutrients when the plants get bigger.

As for soil mixtures, there are a lot of different kinds of soil’s out there. Using a rich soil mixture is not recommended for seedlings. Seedlings that are under 2 weeks of age you do not want to start them in rich soil, using a seed starter mixture is one of the safer ways. Seed starter mixtures are weak in nutrients, so it will not burn the seedlings but will provide them enough to get past seedling stage, but the downside is you have to transplant into a better soil mixture after 2 weeks of age. If you decide to start with this mixture, do not put your seedlings into a big pot. Start them out with using a cup or a small pot.

Nutrient Burn causes leaf tips to appear yellow or burnt. They can also be brown and twisted and crispy looking. Depending on the severity it can show many different symptoms and shows on lower part of the plant when its young, at older stages it can move anywhere on the plant.

To fix the problem when you have Nutrient burn, you want to flush out the plants with lots of water.

Wrote by
Stitch
Posted by
Garrigan
Will

4 Likes

I read the ticket and under nutes there was N/A? , my bad if I didn’t read the whole thread? Didn’t realize you gave nutes @dmykins, do what @garrigan62 tells you, your in good hands… As far as cal mag, botanicaire makes a cal/mag … many brands out there.

1 Like

@Zombo @garrigan62

I only fed nutrients once at 1/8 of the recommended dose…do you still believe it to be nutrient burn?

Since the feeding, I’ve also watered the plants 2 times (no nutrients)

1 Like

Is your ph correct? I read what your ticket said, if it’s not nutes? Check calibration… Also forgot about water… Is it well or city? I’m thinking in this direction @dmykins

@Zombo I always check the meter with 4 and 7 solution and it’s always accurate. The PH going in is usually 6.5. City water.

1 Like

@dmykins

it looks like a bit of nute burn. The best way to flush, is to run aprox. 3 times the amount of water as the size of the containers are. so if they are in 1 gal. containers then you should flush them with 3 gal. of fresh water, Now if your using tap water, just fill up some bottles and let sit overnight (aprox. 24 hrs) the chlorine will evaporate in that amount of time, making the water safe for the plants.

You are also watering way too much, when you do water,be sure to completely water them, and then let them dry out before watering again. having a wet / dry cycle works out really well for the plants.

For watering, after you’ve completely watered them, wait and see how many days go by before they start to wilt, lets say you watered them on Monday, and on friday you notice they are begining to wilt, ok so thats 5 days, so that means that you should water them every 4 days, this will premote good root development and prevents root rot.

most premixed store bought bagged soils will have plenty of nutes for the first 4 to 6 weeks of growth, so you don’t need to add anything. adding pearlite to your soil will improve drainage and helps prevent the soil from becoming too compact.

once you have flushed, your plant will have some transitional shock and should recover, it will just take some time and the new growth should be nice healthy and green.

OR like @Zombo had posted your P H could be off and that will keep the root system of your plant from getting it’s nutrients

Will

2 Likes

What’s the ppm’s of city water? Is there something that can be hurting your plants ie chlorine in the city water? Other than that from, what you wrote… Using so little nutes, I would think a possible deficiency like calcium and mag. @dmykins

From reading a few other posts and what I experienced with my BBA I’m growing now is that they are cal/mag needy early on. Although with my grow, bc I’m still learning, I made a soil less mix and was ph’ing like it was a soil mix so I had some nutrient lock out. Thankful for this forum and the members that take time to help everyone needing some input.
My baby shouldn’t be too much longer and I’m happy with the results.

4 Likes