Not Sure What Caused This.. Could be

Well, I flushed this lady about a week ago…too early. I noticed this yesterday, didn’t really think about it. I had noticed some webbing, very sticky on a couple of the leaves. I also found a little tiny creature, that I squished. Not sure what to make of it. I even took a washcloth and wiped down one of the leaves. Still has this odd speckling for lack of a better way to describe it. Any ideas are appreciated.

Not all leaves have this. Thanks

Sorry. I have been doing research. I think it’s spider mites. I’ve found a few home remedies to try. Started with alcohol, water and neem oil. I guess I’ll see.

2 Likes

Sounds like spider mites if you found webbing. Pay attention to the underside of the leaves to.

1 Like

Go to arbico Organics web site and look into getting some predatory mites. Call them if you want some great help deciding which species to get based on your environment

Looks like spider mite damage to me

1 Like

Thanks kdawg. Yes, it certainly is. I’ve found a couple of adults and some eggs. Arghhhhh! I’ve been spraying them with a mixture of alcohol, neem oil and water. The neem oil doesn’t bother me. I examined a lot of leaves this morning. I did find more eggs on one leaf. No webbing though. I think what happened was that we lost power and I took the plant outside. We have lots of pests around. Looks like they found us. May go to the nicotine tea depending on results today. I stole a pack of my wife’s cigarettes. (Actually, I told her.) :laughing:

I believe you are correct. Yes, I found a few of them. Trying my own DIY. Pretty sure I would not be able to import predatory mites here. I guess I’ll have to hire some ladybugs. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Spray entire plant down with a combination of 1/4 cup of 3% peroxide and R/O water: pay close attention to the undersides of the leaves. Wait 24 hours then apply ‘Captain Jack’s Deadbug Brew’ and allow to stand for 5 days. Repeat peroxide and Captain Jack’s to kill the egg vector.

Alcohol will work and in extreme cases may be appropriate but will dry leaves out more than peroxide will. Neem oil is something I would avoid at all costs. Especially once in flower.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. I don’t have access to Capt Jack’s. Resources here are extremely limited. I was using a solution of alcohol, neem oil (couple of drops), hydrogen peroxide and water. They are definitely in flower. 8 weeks today. I did find a few eggs and adults this morning. The plant seems to be holding up. I even removed some leaf material yesteday. It needed it. I didn’t really want to but they had a lot of mites. I have been spraying both sides of the leaves. I think I got the mites after putting the plant outside one day when there was a power outage. I guess they won’t go there again. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just go with peroxide and water: spray daily for about ten days. Remove seriously affected leaves and discard. I’d also spray down everything in the grow space with peroxide and water, including the soil layer and the pot it’s in. Tent walls, floor, any stands etc.

2 Likes

Thank you for the advice. I’m on it!

1 Like

I just found a dead aphid on one of the leaves. At least something I sprayed killed it. It’s the first aphid I found. No surprise. I live in the jungle. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Definitely do a bud wash at harvest. :+1::v:

1 Like

Absolutely! Thanks.

1 Like

I removed a lot of leaves today after inspecting each one individually. I found a lot of adults and eggs. :frowning: That’s after spraying them numerous times. I’m going to harvest it tomorrow. I’m going to wash the buds in the morning after harvesting. One question - is it okay to spray buds with hydrogen peroxide just before harvest? I’m going to wash with it anyway, just wondered if the hydrogen peroxide will damage the buds, eliminate potency, etc. Thanks.

1 Like

I had to spray mine two days before harvest for PWM. Did wash and rinse and found no adverse effects.

2 Likes

That’s good news! There’s so much contradictory info on the 'net. Thanks.

1 Like

One disclaimer: after initial full dry the very tops got hard. I dont know for a fact if it was from the peroxide or not. However after 2 weeks in cure jars they were perfect. No complaints at all. The smoke is tasty smooth and hipo

1 Like

THC is not affected by peroxide

2 Likes

Nice to hear. Thanks.

1 Like

Can you tell me what the ratio was of water to peroxide?