Not sure if this plant is ok or not

Zkittles auto flower. Day 5 since sprouting out of the soil. Using FFHF soil. RH steady 40 and temp between 79-82 degrees. I water once every 4 days with one ounce of pH water 6.5. Not sure what the issue is. Is this normal? I also see some browning at the tips of the newest leaves.Also I cant figure out how to start a support ticket. Thanks

She looks okay. It’s about time for a transplant.

2 Likes

OK that worries me but I will do it. I know i shouldn’t go from the solo cup to the 5 gal pot that came with the pot for a pot kit. Should I put her in a 2.5 gal first? I am going to use FFOF on the bottom and FFHF on the top of the pot. I guess I need more instruction on transplanting. Thank you for your help.

Its an auto so you should put it in its final home.
Autos dont transplant well.

2 Likes

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

-What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto)
-Age of plant
-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
-Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, fabric pots
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
-Method used to measure PH and TDS
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space
-Light system LED, MH/HPS/CMH/Fluorescents, or other
-Actual wattage draw of lights
-Current Light Schedule
-Temps; Day, Night
-Humidity; Day, Night
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
-Co2; Yes, No

2 Likes

Like Mr Norman says. Id put her ij that final home asap. Hate transplanting autos. I mean some do, id get it over with.

Has this plant been outside at all? Looks like either slight bug damage or maybe u sprayd her during lights on and the water droplets got magnified. Nothing too serious (unless bugs. I hate those things)

Good luck with the grow all the same!

And when doing transplants. A painfree way to go is put the solocup in the pot ur going into before adding soil. Add soil then water around the cup. That way ur rootball fill fit in like a glove. To get the plant out of the solo cup. Press the outside walls inward gently. Just to loosen her up some. Turn it upside down with the plant between ur fingers and tap the bottom. Maybe give a VERY GENTLE tug. She should pop right out. If not squeeze the outsides a bit more. Then set that root ball in. Add dirt. Water in again

1 Like

It was water from a dome I used for two days. The humidity in the cup must have dripped off and onto the plant. I am indoors so there should be no bugs. I am going to transplant today. I have so many different things, soils and stuff and I just dont know what is best to use. I have the pot for a pot 5 gal set up but I am afraid to use it since I planted a seed in their jiffy pod and it didnt grow. I removed it after three days and thats the plant in the picture above planted in the FFHF. I have FFHF and FFOF, perlite and coco. what mix would you suggest I use?

1 Like

Perlite added to everything. Always. The more drainage the better. . Ive never used a pot for pot but it seems pretty simple. Id probably go with that just to try it out. Maybe scoop out some soil approximately the size of ur solo and go from there?

Cant go wrong with FF soils. I use Happy Frog in my solos. And ocean forest in the big pots. Bottom layer straight OF. Top half a mixture of the two. Solo cup straight HF.

1 Like

Thats exactly what I want to do. ! Thanks. I wish I had someone who was physically here to walk me through this. I will figure it out though. Not enough hours in a day to read. So much to learn and its a weed! lol

3 Likes

I’ll 2nd the FF OF AND HF mix plus it allows you to not have to add nutes for the first 3-4 weeks just calmag and ph water makes it simple imo

1 Like

Haha exactly! Id be more then happy to lend a hand. Its honestly a mental hurdle just getting ur feet wet. Dont overthink and trust ur research. When in doubt. Ask questions and dont be afraid to tag respected growers.

4 Likes

Calmag? I dont have that. I guess I need to go get that asap. How do I test to know if the plant needs it? Im sorry, I am brand new at this and dont want to make any errors. Thank you for your help! I really appreciate this forum and all of you guys and girls that are helping us newbies!

1 Like

Cal-Mag® Plus provides a precise balance and optimal ratios of the calcium, magnesium, and iron that are critical throughout all stages of growth, especially in heavily fruiting plants and fast blooming annuals. Cal-Mag Plus is fortified with a proprietary blend of select trace minerals to help maximize yields in fruiting and flowering plant varieties, prevent blossom end rot in tomatoes and peppers, and reduce tip burn in lettuce. When used in combination with nutrient solutions Cal-Mag Plus functions as a catalyst to increase the uptake of essential minerals

1 Like

I honestly wouldn’t worry about making errors tbh and focus on learning and asking as much as possible its what this Fourm is for we wouldn’t be here if we didn’t want to help lol also there are some that have grown for many years and still make mistakes its all about learning in the end and the knowledge never stops tbh best bet is start basic once you’ve established some knowledge towards it all then start exploring to what works best for you

2 Likes

Normally u dont know until she throws deficiencies. Most dont need it in FF soils until week 5-7 ish. Sometimes not til flower

1 Like

Very true but I typically start using calmag around the 4th week at a low dose then gradually increase by the time i hit flower im at normal strength or just slightly under recommend then I don’t have to worry about her showing signs

4 Likes

The plant looks good to me,Yes I agree time to transplant!! My leaves looked/look (some) like that too…I DID get some over spray on them and the seedling grow lights made them “burn” like that a little too. No worries they should be ok…just try NOT to get any liquid on them when they are in the light I also agree that they may have a cal/mag deficiency too…Just transplant them and you will be amazed at the growth!! They (mine have @least) tend to out grow any Fuggups we do to them…Cannabis is somewhat forgiving !!

Thank you. That makes me feel better. I transplanted one of the four yesterday. I am waiting for my pH up/down to come in so I can correct my water before transplanting the plant in question. I should have the pH and calmag tomorrow.

2 Likes

Awesome sauce. Keep us updated

1 Like

Today I set up my tent with the HPS 600w light in an air cooled hood. I am running the HPS at 400w for now, it has a dimmer. I also got the 6" AC infinity T6 fan. I also added a humidifier and two little fans. My RH is 53 and my tent temp is 83. It went up to 85 but I am playing with the controls to see what speed the fan needs to be at to control the temp. Everything is transplanted into their final homes and now time will tell. The plant in the bag doesn’t look that great to me. I see some dryness on the tips of some of the older leaves.

2 Likes