Not sure if this belongs in this catagory

This will be my first post in these forums. I’ve been doing a lot of reading, learning,and applying what I’ve learned. If I finish growing what I have to harvest, it will be my first successful grow. I’m going into the 4th week of flowering and I’m stoked because this is uncharted territory for me. I’ve raised this plant from “Bag seed” so I have no idea of the strain. I’ve since purchased seeds from ILGM and started them in another room. Been using nutes on the regular. Started with Jacks classic plant food 20-20-20 feeding when I water. I’ve changed to Jacks Blossom enhancer plant food 20-30-10. Ive converyed a 2 x3 shower stall to be my grow room. This is where the experienced grower will point and laugh at me. I’m using a Vivosun 300W LED “Blurple” light that I purchased on Amazon. As I said, I’ve been lurking in these forums for months. I know what some, if not most of you think of “Blurple” lights. I’m pretty sure its a quantity issue that is the reason behind the disdain for blurple. Ill attach some pix for you to look at. I’m in no way shape or form disappointed with what I’ve done so far. I still have a few more weeks to go before harvest. I think my question is… Why the disdain for blurple lights? Can’t upload images yet. New user can’t upload. Trust me, I’ve got buds. Pretty sizable ones too prolly an inch or so in diameter 2.54cm

1 Like

The vast majority of blurples are nothing near what they claim to be on their spec sheet. They’re also cheaply made and still try to claim that the blurple spectrum is best even though major growers dumped them as quickly as they jumped on them in the beginning.

Some of the comments about blurple lights on here suggest they can’t grow anything. Maybe its because I’m only growing one plant? Seriously. Plant is covered in flowers and they look healthy. Leaves are reaching for the light since birth. I’m doing this as a hobby and to have personal stash. I think if I harvest correctly, 8 weeks flowering, I should have a decent supply from what I see at 4 weeks, this is my third attempt at doing this. This is as far as I’ve ever gotten. Very exciting

1 Like

No your fine man I started my grows with mars hydro 300w burples and was extremely happy with nice bud and 2 ounces per plant. True wattage on my burples was 140w, I used two in a 2x4x6 space for 2 or 3 plants. Started last grow with my burples and finished with hlg new led tech and almost doubled my yields. Burples are just older tech. But look to upgrade lol

1 Like

The spectrum they occupy is very specific and quite narrow, the output is nowhere near what is needed for good flower production. They will suffice for seedlings and early vegitative growth, although not ideal. In addition to these issues, they usually require a fan built in that eats up half the available power they draw from the wall. The light diodes are super cheap. Tech has gone way beyond blurple its completely dinosaur tech.
The one thing I dont like, is that blurple is terrible to view your plants with. You cannot detect plant illnesses with blurple lights. They remind me of black lights that caused my eyes to bug out in the 80s.
The biggest issue… the manufacturers, typically Chinese, are advertising these on Amazon as 1200w or 2000w and unless you go to the manufacturers website to research the actual outputs you cant tell what you are actually buying! They also dont disclose that the fan probably consumes 50 watts of your precious 350 total watts drawn from the wall. Also, watt good is a 1000 watt light if 900 watts are not the right spectrum or disbursed the right way?
Then they go on to say that this fixture is meant to replace a 1000 watt HID? How can they claim that? I guarantee they didnt sphere test these lights EVER!

6 Likes

My girl. I’m really proud of her… Her name is Faith

5 Likes

Appreciate the input. I’m going to eventually upgrade but for now, this is going to be it. As I said, I’m just a hobbyist. And totally raw and new.

2 Likes

Congrats to this point. I had a vivosun 600w that did a good job on my first grow and it was an auto that didn’t get tall but bushy.

1 Like

By all means! Ya gotta piss with the cock ya got!

5 Likes

Hahaha funny one! :laughing:

1 Like

I too used burples for my first 4 grows and got dome good bud and decent yields ,but the buds from my new HLG and Spyder Farmer LEDs are twice as big ,more dense and sticky.The burples were o.k.,but nothing like the new stuff.

3 Likes

I think most people who make the move to LED’s do this, I know I did.
After being on here I learned a lot and have upgraded, and it is worth it!

I think it’s time for harvest. It’s not at full potential but I believe that it’s my fault. First of all she was grown in soil. And she is in a 1 gallon pot. I think I probably over watered her during flowering. Her trichomes are just turning hazy now. I wanted to give her 6 more days but I don’t think she has 6 more days.

1 Like