Not sure if the leaves are normal for the Runtz or signs of something

Seedling :seedling: pop through soil Nov 13th 2022 currently on day 12 above soil. Trying to catch any early sign of problem being a new grower. The strain is Runtz I’ve noticed the top to leaves :leaves: are bending or curling not sure if this is normal or a sign of to much or to little of something.I also want to say I believe the leaves always grow like that or if it’s the New SF Se7000 light dail approximately %75 and hanging 16” above.

2 Likes

Looks like a heat or light response to me, or both. Nice color and shape besides that :ok_hand:

1 Like

Thank you. I was thinking it might be the light I’m still adjusting to the dail.

1 Like

I’m a new grower that’s still learning but I believe I see signs of early flowering but it’s way too soon never had this problem. I always run my lights 12/12 from the start and just found out from seedling through veg stages my light schedule should be 18/6. Is it too late to change my light schedule to 18/6 now so that my other plants doesn’t flower early. The strain is female Runtz popped through soil 11/13/2022, transfer into 5gal smart pot 11/23/2023. Today is 12/17/2023 with signs of early flowering. Question is, is it to late to change light schedule to 18/6 ?

2 Likes

My thinking is to let it go at 12/12 and avoid stressing the plants. Many growers here grow photo period plants under 12/12 all the way through. In the future if you want to let them get bigger before flowering 18/6 is correct as you know.
And as you seems to have figured out, photos will start flowering once they sexually mature and that is typically 5 to 7 weeks. Of course there is always a few that fall outside the norm. Cannabis kinda does what it wants.
Changing to 16/8 now will re-veg the plant. It will take a couple weeks at least and it will do all kinds of odd growth until it settles back into veg mode. The other plants may or may not react to it to depending on if they are triggered to flowering even though they may not look like it yet. There is a chance it will trigger a hermaphrodite trait too if the plant is stressed and it has any leaning towards that.

1 Like

Thank you because I was unsure if it was a number of things I did differently from this grow such as : New lights SF7000, Topped plant early after three stack of leaves (two weeks after popped through soil) or the early LST within a month from seedling popping through soil, C02, or even Dynomyco. I’ve always 12/12 light schedule start to finish.

3 Likes

By the looks of it you are gonna have a full tent even with going 12/12 from the start.
I grow 4 plants in a 3x4 and I flip at 4 to 5 weeks . I flipped on the early side this last grow and still packed out the tent. Always get just over a pound from each grow cycle and I dont do anything special. Top them about 5th node and pull the taller colas down even with the secondary stems. Water and feed every day as I grow in coco coir.

1 Like