Not Sure About These 3

Greetings Forum Folk -
I am asking for your help - a reality check - with these girls.
This is my 2nd grow of any kind .
With both grows I chose to use P4P Superb Soil to help minimize opportunities to fudge things up.
This time around I decided on 3 gal pots instead of 5 to see what difference they would make in final results.
The plant in front is a Northern Lights, and the other 2 are Blueberry.
They are 39 days from seed and began flowering 9/1
Per P4P instructions I am only providing water, and since beginning flowering their “bloom formula”.
I am just curious if I am missing anything with these, if they look ok, or in need of additional attention, nutrients, etc
The NL is a whopping 13" tall, and the 2 B are approx 23"
Anyone willing to provide any feedback on how these look?
Conditions: 18/6 light sch @ approx 16"
temp: 77F
RH 55%-60% on average
Thanks for anyone taking time to chime in

1 Like

Look healthy to me. Happy growing.

1 Like

Looking pretty good. Medium looks pretty dry. Bet they’d love a good soaking. Or at the very least 12 cups every other day if in 3 gallons. Since you don’t want to create a lot of runoff in super soil.

3 Likes

Thanks for your feedback!:peace_symbol:

Thanks for your feedback. Actually I just watered them yesterday. 12 cups? I’m giving them only about 2 cups every other day. Could explain how they appear dry.
My first grow I almost killed them with over watering so I am overly cautious - perhaps too much so …

2 Likes

The more you give them in flower the thirstier they’ll become. You’d be pretty hard pressed to drown them at that point. My soil grows got about 8 cups every day in larger pots during flower. Most recommend every other day in soil. But my top would be dry the next day everyday

1 Like

I water until runoff, but only water when my pots are light.

1 Like

That’s why I switched to coco. Girls just don’t thrive as well in soil as coco. Can’t overwater coco. Full str nutes every single day.

1 Like

Poor girls…! I’ll step up my watering pronto.
The fabric pots leak like crazy and I am probably again over-cautious about bleeding out the soil nutrients.
Thanks again!

That’s been my guide as well - water when pots are light.
Thanks again!

If water comes out of the sides then you’re watering to fast/medium is too dry and has created channels/rivers. Should be dripping out of bottom only. Personally I’ve only ever had trouble with fabric pots. Not my style

1 Like

Yea, I thought that might be the issue. I’ll slow it down. Thanks for your input. If I can get watering figured out then I can move on to learning more about nutrients, and more. You’ve been a great help. Thank you!

1 Like

In my experience with soil more water and less nutrients was the way. My second grow was one plant that yielded more than all 7 in my first. Here’s actually a look at the difference.

You can tell how crumbly the soil in the first grow became. While it’s all fine and looking like top soil in second. All three first grows where 85% FFHF with 15%. But when you look at the medium in the first. It looks nothing like the later.

1 Like

I was thinking about that yesterday actually - next grow only 1 plant in larger pot. This grow was a bit off “timid” exploration and experimentation. First grow was 2 thinking in case one didn’t make it. This time around more with smaller pots. Began grow with 4 - 1 I messed up with topping attempt.
Next time - a single subject.
Thank you for the pics & reference. Helpful indeed! :peace_symbol::potted_plant:

1 Like