Not really a "topic" but more of a 1st time grow journal

well…this round all my trim and some tiny buds are gonna become bubble hash… gotta keep tryin new stuff

1 Like

My only question area was the decarb parameters… on site says for high thc (15% is the chart they used) you do it for a very short time (like 7 min)… and i think it was leafly that said 60 min taking it out and shaking it around every 15min of that 60…so i went kinda in the middle …guess we’ll see what happens lol

I do mine in the oven at 240 F for 40 min. I don’t grind the bud, but break it in smaller pieces. Cover with foil and shake every 10-15 min.

Last time I made a batch of fruity pebble rice crispy treats I made the butter to strong :grimacing:
I had experienced stoners sitting on my couch drooling on themselves lol

1 Like

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: see idk tbh thats what im going for…a fn knockout punch …cuz you can always eat half or less even…i don’t do anything halfways lol

1 Like

So the decarbing isn’t about drying it out per say just activating the thc right? I ask cuz the jars/tree look all wet and moist so want to make sure i don’t need em in the oven longer? They were in there for 20 min then a good shake and then 15 min more

1 Like

Right, the decarbing converts the thca to thc. Just like the heat from the cherry on your blunt/joint

1 Like

I’ve never decarbed fresh bud, but google says there is no time difference for decarbing with fresh or dried bud

1 Like

i have only worked with dried…

So after chopping all the girls I’m goin thru em and I see this on one of the big girls branches/buds…this isn’t bud rot is it? Looks like a brown sticky substance

3 Likes

It doesn’t smell bad or anything

Whoa that’s weird AF looks like tree sap.

1 Like

That is exactly what it looks like

1 Like

Usually bud rot is patches of brown wilted bud

Until you have an answer quarantine any pieces like that, you never know.

Do you wash your buds?

1 Like

Yep wash em in h2o2 then spray em off and hang em

1 Like

After all your irritations you would get this. Lol. GROUND zero for the zombie apocalypse? Sorry not funny, but it is crazy.

1 Like

Ha yeah no doubt…really hope it’s not a bad thing but I can’t say I’ve ever seen anyone say/show anything resembling that besides bud rot

1 Like

Here

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure that’s resin oozing out… And that’s a beautiful sight…!

5 Likes

I gotta delete that last picture because of the website, but that should ease your mind.

1 Like