Not really a "topic" but more of a 1st time grow journal

Looks like a good haul

1 Like

It’s a lil deceiving cuz it’s wet weight but it sure is fn sticky …but I figured I would take a part of it and attempt the decarb/edible thing

1 Like

I’m guessing dried you’ll pull over a zip

1 Like

Filled 3 quart jars so here goes nothing I guess

2 Likes

Did you dry prior to jarring?

Well this recipe calls for an ounce and a half so maybe I’ll get close to the actual recipe then!

1 Like

They’ve only been hanging a couple days

1 Like

Ok, do you have a hygrometer to throw in the glass? I’m assuming the stems snapped before you glassed ‘em?

They’re only in jars to go in the oven to decarb em… starting the process for my Tootsie rolls edibles attempt…once they cool down all the way I’ll wash em with everclear and strain it into a glass pan to sit and evaporate off the everclear

1 Like

Really thinking about buying one of those source turbo extractor but its $600

1 Like

Tbh if you don’t plant on doing these concentrates for an extended period it’s not worth it… unless you are getting “donations” for your work. granted I have 0 first hand experience. I use to decard bud and use 90+ Isopropyl alcohol then evap with a hair dryer. Lol. I’m not the one to talk to. I like flower. And I don’t really smoke. Sorry bro, I wish I had more input.

1 Like

I’m not sure how far I’ll get into all of this part of it cuz there’s a lot of extra purchases to be made to do things right I think but maybe as time goes by I’ll get further into it… I just read that you can use fresh cut stuff/trimmings for this stuff, the recipe sound relatively simple just gonna take a couple days for evaporation but then I’ll see what I have from it…put it in the Tootsie roll recipe and see what happens…if it’s good then I have some awesome Tootsie rolls …if not it’ll be another lesson🤷

1 Like

I didn’t know you could decarb fresh bud, so I did a quick google search.

Apparently, decarbing fresh bud retains more terpenes.

I always thought the bud had to be dried and cured. I learned something new :+1:

2 Likes

I’ve made nerd ropes, peanut butter cups, and fudge edibles. The recipes are really easy. You got this!

What’s your plans after you decarb? Are you using butter, coconut oil, or everclear for a tincture?

I LOVE to cook so this is definitely up my alley

2 Likes

Yes i read that too about terps but only if you use the same jar to make the ever clear solution because they’re on the inside wall of the jar you decarb in …which idk why a person wouldn’t … but i plan on straining it real good then into a glass pan for letting the alcohol evaporate off then scrape up what should be gooey goodness (the recipe says an ounce and a half should get 4-6g of gooey goodness) and then melt tootsie rools, thin the gooeyness down a tad with ever clear and stir it in, mix it good then pour it in a glass pan to cool, then cut it up and re-wrap em back up…cross my fingers that they’re good lol. I might add that the everclear is in a freezer

2 Likes

Of all the edibles I have made...TOOTSIE ROLLS are the best … this is what im attempting to do

2 Likes

that is my recipe…lol
I just strip all the tris and terps and everything else with a quick 190 proof alcohols wash…
strain it with a coffee filter and pour into a glass casserole dish… put a small fan on it to help air flow and wait… when almost all the alcohol has evaporated just scrape up the concentrate with a straight edge blade and theres your magic…

as far as decarbing? BEFORE stripping… i put the plant matter in a mason jar and heat it either in a crocpot of water or in my air fryer at anout 200 for 30 min…decarbs the plant but keeps the odor down cause the jar is LIGHTLY sealed don’t overtighten…might break the glass

and yes the toosies are good…everyone loves em

3 Likes

@MrRay yes sir this your post/recipe i hope you dont mind me trying it and yep i was planning on just following the steps you laid out and see what happens…Just pulled the jars out of the oven!!

rock on…i still have almose 40 tootsies left…im a light weight so I only eat 1/2 at a time to help me sleep…but you gotta find yer own dose…happy highs
works with bit o honey too and I have melted and reformed gummies.

1 Like

Sounds like you have a plan. They sound delicious! :drooling_face:

1 Like