Not really a "topic" but more of a 1st time grow journal

Nah, usually people go for 6 for good measure. You should be fine.

1 Like

welp too late now guess ill just have to see what they do

ugh i hope so…really want better results this next round

they just look tiny because they were super compact between nodes…thinking too much lighting up till now where they’re finally in a dedicated veg setup

They always look tiny when you reduce to one node.

So I set my phone in the 5x5 on one of the solo cup cages and got this reading…my 600 rspec is not quite set at 3/4

And this is the lux meter reading in the same spot

1 Like

This is the reading at the highest plant site in the 4x4

Are you actually giving them 24hrs of light?

1 Like

No they are all on a 6/2 schedule

@Bobbydigital your question prompted me to look for settings in the app and changed it to 18hrs and reshot em : 4x4

5x5

2 Likes

Much better DLI

2 Likes

@JamJam what app is that?

1 Like

It’s called PPFD meter

1 Like

@Low so after looking back it looks like I misspoke…looks like it was just starting to flower/pre flower when I got aggressive with it…but it did stay tied down for a good month at least through flower

1 Like

Right on. I got it moved. Pulled a bamboo stick from the garden and moved it so it’s not right under the light. Hopefully it helps.

1 Like

@Bobbydigital so this is what I mean by they seem super compact …this is the next tallest/biggest one, same age as the other two I started training and what I count 5 nodes. And the seedling stage this time was messy for me since I didn’t have an empty tent/good setup for it so aside from a makeshift seedling box with a low light source they were in the 4x4 albeit I did literally have a board over them after a little bit so they weren’t getting the full blast of the readings you saw …but I will wait till 8 nodes with the other 4 big grow girls just for extra safe measure , I was really iffy about doing what I did when they are so small…I feel they should be larger for 3 weeks above ground. So idk maybe this grow is gonna be all messed up too …only time will tell now

That girl isn’t but 3" tall…and the “other 4” include that chronic Widow just for clarification

It’s gonna be fine, man. They’re photos. You have all the time in the world to make them do what you want. You can mainline them to 32 colas if you have the patience and space. Mainlining is a slower process due to all the recovery time but if you have the time, then go for it.

1 Like

Im gonna attempt it…maybe not 32…

1 Like

:sweat_smile:my fortune cookie today

3 Likes