Not real sure what’s next

All lsd from ilgm foxfarm mix OFx HFx perilite. So what I’ve read there’s no need feed nutes soil would suffice 4-6 weeks, I’ve been watering phd ro water 6.5. Had stems turning purple red added calmag watering some has gon away one still purple smallest one. Watering about 4-5 days, I shove finger dang near last knuckle deep usually pretty dry feeling but bottom feels weighted down like if still pretty wet so I lightly soak upper. I drench slowly but seems most water pooling up drains right out sides fabric pots. Also purchased trio pack nutes.

1 Like

Smaller one also seems may be deficient way low oblong leaves turning light yellow copperish tan spots on it but rest looks alright besides stunted small look

I’m going add more soil it has settled some went down

This is more of a general guideline, it can very from plant to plant, based on size, genetics, pot size, etc.

No need to ph ro water if you’re not adding anything to it.

If your adding calmag or any nutrients then ph your water afterwards.

If the soil is really dry it tends to become hydrophobic. Try watering really slowly, wet the top, leave for a few minute and repeat.

Single blade leaves at the very bottom will naturally die off, nothing to worry about.

5 Likes

Thank you I’m getting worried over here this my third try, 2 previous hurt my feelings hahaaa, I was thinking same been trying read up all this. Just seems there’s an issue to me maybe over thinking it all can’t stop my mind.

1 Like

I’ll keep adding pics over time this grow see how goes

2 Likes

Try lifting pot to see how heavy when watered and then when dry. I always did the finger test until I was turned on the the weight. You’re going to need meter when u start nutes for runoff. They look good.
3o7TKIyZgIr2SMOyEo

5 Likes

Good info from the member posting here!

I can’t tell if those lower leaves are touching soil any, but if they do will cause them to look rough. Also, most ph meters won’t accurately display ph of ro water. So like mentioned above don’t try adjusting ph of ro by itself.

2 Likes

It will also help if you get something to set your pots up on and allow air to dry the bottom of your pot. That will get rid of the heavy bottom feeling and help runoff actually run off. I find that if I water slowly, like 16oz at a time and give it a minute or two to soak in before I add another helps me get a good deep watering. Once your soil is evenly moist the water will go through it more evenly and not spill out of the side of the pot as much.

3 Likes

The first set of leaves look bad and die out very quickly. No need to worry about that set.

1 Like

@Tophat covered my thought about having a soggy bottom. Lift it up and let it air dry. The surface definitely looks dry. The big chunky stuff doesn’t help retain moisture either. Once you remove the bottom set of leaves you can add some more soil.

2 Likes

I’m a newbie, but it becomes much easier to follow and regulate the runoff (i.e. nutrition) when the pot is lifted off the pan an inch or two. When the pot is resorbing the water and always stays wet, it’s definitely not optimal. At the same time it causes issues related to excessive moisture, it also makes troubleshooting more difficult.

That said, I’m no expert - I just made that an issue in my first grow. After getting this same advice here from @OGIncognito and @Dexterado I raised them up and got 15 zips!!

3 Likes

I mean @OGIncognito & @Dexterado are good but I suspect you had a little something to do with it too. Congrats.

4 Likes

My thoughts exactly!! @SandyC thats all you Growmie :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

I was thinking same thing about reobsorbsion should be getting stand’s tomorrow haven’t been able find any local stores

Your all great,extremely helpful. I’m super green myself slightly frustrating at times for me

1 Like

Hahaha - imagine if I hadn’t gotten this relatively simple advice. My main point is, this forum is rich with experience so don’t be scared to ask questions. Sometimes what the experts spot isn’t even related to the question at hand, but can preempt nasty issues

3 Likes

I have some bricks under mine right now.

We are by no means experts. We have just done this a long time with extensive research and a lot of help here. We always need help figuring out issues and welcome all advice. We all here learn from our mistakes and help from others. I have been growing for about 30 years and still learn something every day.

2 Likes

15 zips is amazing. Great job for sure.

2 Likes