Not having a great success rate with my seeds

Yeah, a heating matt and a seed starting dome is definitely the way to go, I know my failures in the past were usually in winter, when its cold in the home,…I smartly soon there after some failures or stunted seed growth got me the system, but had so many clones I hadn’t used my heat matt and temp control switch in almost a year and a half. I left a post last week showing my progress with my durban poison,…“100% success rate”,…I think another trick of the heat matt with the switch is indeed putting the probe into the soil at the top, cause before I had problems when I put the probe on the outside between the heat matt and seedling dome. I like to have a piece of foam, silver backed foam, under the heat matt so to further regulate the heat properly up into the dome, cause its on a open metal welded book shelf, as pictured. My seedlings are still doing great at one week. I mean, I woke up today, and before I turn on some heat it was 55 degrees fahrenheit, temps on the inside of the dome registered 73 degrees F with the heat mat cycling on to 75,…though a person can do it supposedly 65 to 75, but as cold as it is round here, if I put it as 65, sometimes the temps inside would likely drop below 65 regularly,…later in in the year when its warmer I won’t have this issue much, it might get warm enough only the 75 starter bulb could keep it warm enough, but I would have the matt plugged in case, maybe, errrr, unless temps in summer are like, ha, errr, the usual warm to hot, unless I use a air condition unit put back in the window. .I mean, I am still a beginner, and last year I didn’t do much cause I had enough still.

1 Like