Not having a great success rate with my seeds

“Support Ticket” I have tried starting off 5 seeds with a success rate of 1, I have tried 3 durban poison seeds and 2 gold leaf seeds, the 2 gold leaf showed a root quickly but died when I put them in soil, coco, humus and pearlite, and only 1 of the durban poison got a root, 2 just didn’t do anything in 2 weeks, trying them in wet tissue and a zip lock bag, in my indoor grow room but between 2 plates to keep them warm but in the dark, all the seeds came from Robert Bergman and are feminized seeds,I’m first time grower and I have a thread on the durban poison.the grow room is 120x120x200cm,wih 600w HPS lighting with fan and filter kit,its also a duban poison feminized seed,the ph is 6.3,the temp is 34c and 45% humidity

Hi @darren. Maybe fill in the below info on what the conditions were/are would help. I’ve had 100% success so far with the ILGM seeds. 12/12.

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor

Light system, size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you

1 Like

@Matthew420 ,iv’e updated the rest of the information i have so i think most of the questions asked as much as possible i have already answered

Your temp seems pretty high. You want more like 23c for temp. Also, if you could get the humidity higher while they are seedlings it would help, around 75%.

Not 100% sure about the PH since you have a mix of coco and soil. Maybe someone else can jump in on that @Majiktoker I’m thinking since it’s mixed with soil it would be soil PH of 6.5-6.6

2 Likes

The temps and humidity are right for the one successful plant from what everyone has told me on my other thread, so I thought maybe not starting the seeds off in the grow room, what do you think? Also the ph is the distilled water that I was spraying them with to start them off, but when I put the 2 into the soil mix I started using the start food I also got from Robert Bergman, I got the proper cannabis plant food so I would get everything right, but I’m learning more and more from reading on the site, but I think for the most part I’m getting there, just my first time growing anything at all so it’s all a big learning curve

1 Like

What’s the mix mostly of is it mostly coco or is it mostly soil

1 Like

It’s mostly coco with a bit of humus and pearlite

Your ph should be 5.8, it will be ok at 6.1 at the highest

I have tagged you and Mathew in my thread of durban poison so you can see what I have and thanks for all your help

1 Like

My pleasure buddy thats why im here

1 Like

Buddy do you self a big favor and get a propagation tray kit that includes a heating mat, around 35 bucks on Amazon

…you’ll use it for seed starting, cloning and everything in between, is the best thing you can do! …bottom heat is what you need on seeds and clones, good luck!

2 Likes

Thanks for that I’ll have a look and get one, also how would I get my ph down

You need to get a pH meter and some ph up and down, General Hydroponics has a good product, includes both up and down for about 15 bucks on Amazon

For a short-term fix vinegar lowers pH and baking soda raises it but those are both very unstable and not the way to go (if it was we’d all use it and save the money), but in a pinch there you go! :thumbsup:

2 Likes

Thanks, I got a ph tester but I can’t test the soil as it’s like an oblong bottom, I don’t know if that’s normal, but I can test the water and the mix when I’d mixed it and the distilled water

1 Like

You can test your runoff or you can make mud and test that but the runoffs probably the easiest ?

If you have anymore questions just fill out that support ticket above and I can probably help you out with more accuracy!

• good luck!
1 Like

I just buy soil ph testing kits, usually pretty cheap

2 Likes

In a year I’ve tested my soil once that I can remember

1 Like

I use it basically to just see where the ph is when I’m putting the soil in their container to see what if anything I need to do

2 Likes

Thanks everyone I’ll try getting a testing kit then and a proper gator

got this stuff through today, so hopefully next time I start the seeds off, they’ll be successful

3 Likes