Not budding it's been three weeks

what is a good number for tds and how do i change it?

902 TDS runoff is ok. What that number is telling you is that your run off contained 850ppm more TDS than the water you put in. You don’t need to lower it. That’s not a crazy plus flushing will probably decrease it some more anyway.

1 Like

So my PH went from 4.5 to 5.82 I flushed my plant with about 20 gal. of water my tds went from 900 to 57 ( i’m assuming the tds is the amount of nutrients available to the plant ) does that mean i need to feed her? and i don’t know what to do with my PH do i keep flushing?

1 Like

You might need to flush with higher pH water going in until runoff gets between 6.4 and 7.0. I’m not sure about TDs but you should @ the experts

i will, thank you

1 Like

@mwillemain I mentioned that to you last night that you need to use a higher pH water to get the runoff pH to go up. You could have adjusted the pH in during the flush… You are still way low under 6 unless you are using a soil less medium?

Can you look at the back of that Light Warrior Seed Starter and see what it contains? I went onto their website, but they don’t list the ingredients.

If it is a “growing medium” that would make sense as to why the pH runoff is so low!

https://www.amazon.com/FoxFarm-FX14023-1-Cubic-Warrior-Soilless/dp/B001IA1PGY?tag=greenrel-20

so yeah…Light Warrior is a “Grow Medium”

“Light warrior soilless mix is ultimate grow medium for seed starting and transplanting. Formulated for use in containers and hydroponic applications. Specially designed to enhance root development and encourage greater nutrient uptake by plants. The perfect quickdraining, lightweight seed germinator for indoor that will cause faster germination”

So the pH that you need is 5.8 for that soil less grow medium

@mwillemain

1 Like

Man @bob31 he sure could have used you before all that flushing. Hope he gets your message asap.

good morning guys thanks for the info I’m using Foxfarm Ocean Forest potting soil smart nutrients

I could bring my Ph up to 8.5 and try flushing again it’s just that this is my first plant and it seemed to stop growing. The buds are very sticky and look and smell OK they’re just not growing anymore. remember about a month ago all my leaves were falling off from I think calcium or magnesium deficiency so it looks pretty straggly but smells good . I’m not sure what to do the next crop I have should I be checking the run off of my smaller plants to ?

2 Likes

I just checked the run off on my big plant the pH 6.35 the tds is 85 since the Tds is so low should I feed it? I have bio thrive bloom 2-4-4 or cal-mag 2-0-0

1 Like

I’m not sure @mwillemain but it might need to dry out a little before watering again with nutrients I would imagine but @Hawkeye_diesel or @Majiktoker @garrigan62 could tell you better. The buds look nice though😉

You can. when was the last time you fed them?

Will

I fed it three weeks ago, then i flushed it because of the problems that I was having with this plant now my PH numbers are looking better but it looks like it has to be fed so I will go ahead and do that thank you

Just go half strength to start off with and she how she does and then you can increase dose.

Will

thanks Will, you guys have been a big help

I would like to thank all you guys for helping me out the past 5 months . i bought the right testers and learned how to use them. so I checked the runoff of my new plants that are all about 3 weeks old and 6" tall i’m kind of excited because I finally got the right numbers hopefully i’ll have to build a bigger room to raise them.

4 Likes

@mwillemain on the nutrients they will have the ppm listed on their use charts.

is that the same number you us to check the runoff give or take?

Using the Fox farms chart as an example if you are using big bloom the ppm is listed across the top and would be the max ppm of the water going in.

Remember we start lower than recommended and ease in. We also do a pattern of feed water feed or in the case where the runoff ppm stays a bit high you might water twice between feedings.

1 Like

thanks bob that was a big help, i think my first plant will be ready to harvest next week. although i don’t have many fan leaves left the buds survived. i’ll let you know how it ends up,thanks again

1 Like