Not a problem but maybe some guidance?

Hello all ! I’m a disabled Vietnam vet with chronic pain and have just started growing and would appreciate any comments on sprouts. I’m on my 4th grow at the moment.
Strain: White Widow Feminized Auto Flower from Seed Supreme.
Medium: Kind Soil / Hot Soil with 30% Perlite.
Started in Rapid Rooters placed in Solo Cups
Water PH is 6 to 6.5
No added nutrients.
I went with White Widow in Kind Soil / Hot Soil and I use Roberts grow instructions religiously. (thanks Robert)
I’ve been using the overnight soak and paper towel to get my tap roots and so far had 100% success.
I drop the rooted sprout in a rapid rooter and put that in solo cups full of soil on my sunny Florida window sill. I get beautiful green babies, but they stay tiny for weeks.

I’m on the third week of the sprout, and all six plants have only one pair of real leaves. They are healthy but only 1/2 inch tall. I had the same issue with the Northern Lights on my last three grows. They eventually take off growing but as I study other online grow journals my plants are 4 to 5 weeks to get to the point where other people are in 14 days.

I spent a lot of time trying to find some reason on this site and 2 others. Anyone have any ideas?

2 Likes

@tomhaag Welcome to the ILGM forums. These guys will get you fixed up asap!

Thank you for your service! Lot’s of vets here. I served from 20+ years myself. The therapy from the forums and growing are almost as good as the end results.

Right off the bat I’m going to ask you if those cups are ventilated with holes to allow air and drainage? Take a few pics and post them. Fill out the support ticket and we’ll have you in the right direction before you know it.

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor

Light system, size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you

1 Like

Is the window the only source of light or do you put it under some other kind of lighting? I suspect in a window probably isn’t sufficient light for high growth. Also, the same window at different times of the year may be getting a different amount of light than they did before.

3 Likes

Welcome to ILGM forum brother
I am a Desert Storm vet my self and as @bob31 stated there are a lot of us here. Also as bob stated thanks for your service sir
I was thinking along the same line as @Matthew420
As far are sun light goes you may wish to get supplemental lights
Even though your in sunny Fla the sun strength is weaker this time of year but if can fill out a support ticket with as much info as possible
I’m sure we as a group effort can get you fixed up brother

2 Likes

Welcome @tomhaag , I agree and believe this is an issue, also I suspect you may be over watering because I believe Solo cups and smaller pots in general promote over-watering

if you’re going to grow these in a tent, I’d recommend that you transfer them as soon as possible or put them outside if that’s their final destination

• best of luck!
4 Likes

I missed the sunny Florida window sill. Boy I wish I had one of those right now. I’m ready to head south and get out of this rainy, icy, miserable overcast cold …

2 Likes

When my lights turn on I might set up a chair in my tent. Put the speedo on and do some sunbathing… NOT.

3 Likes

lol I hear that if I didn’t hook up with my current situation for work I was selling Everything heading down my wife and I had started to look for properties and what not but then as luck would have it
I’m stuck in Ny
I kinda like the season change just wish winter and fall didn’t last so long :+1:

2 Likes

No Speedo’s allowed in this forum. It’s right there in the rules. I’m looking myself. Pan handle for me. I do like some seasonal change and they get some there. My wife and I are looking but those darn grand kids…

1 Like

lol wouldn’t even think about speedos would want to scare anyone
Nice :+1: the pan handle is nice and yeh they get bit of change
I was looking South west coast south of Ft Meyers ?
But that all over with for me right now

Thank you all. I only keep them in the solo cups until I get 3 real sets of leaves. The cups have drain holes cut in them. After 3 leaves I transplant into 2.5 gallon cloth pots and those go into my veg tent (2 x 4 x 7) with

a 650 Watt LED. They take sooooo long to get to the 3 leaf stage. 

I’ll move them into the veg tent and see if that is better than the window sill.Thanks for the suggestion ! Stay Warm !

2 Likes

After they get to a third real leaf I transplant into pots and into a grow tent with 650 Watt LED.Thanks for the feedback

1 Like

My WW Fems (non-auto) didn’t get very tall but did grow pretty fast and very bushy. The height could be part of the strain, medium height plant I think.

Still growing though, less than a week into flower.

I have WW fem non autos that are 15 days old. The sprouted in the grow room and at 5 days I gently transplanted them into 5 gallon fabric pots. They are thriving little shrubs at 15 days. Why not start yours in the grow room with enough distance to keep em safe?

Thank you for you service!

Hey Tom I’ve seen this exact situation before and I also think it was someone in Florida exactly what you said and the problem was that the sun through the window wasn’t strong enough was enough of it filtered yada yada and I suspect that’s what you got going on good luck buddy holler if I can help further

1 Like

Thanks for giving part of your life to our great country! How did this all work out for you? I’m also a first time grower and have a similar question. We planted 3 seeds(white widow) to start with, two came up within a couple of days but the 3rd lagged behind. When it finally came up the seed shell was stuck on it for days. It eventually came off and the little plant looks strong but only about the size of a clover. The other two are about 4 inches tall and growing fast. I’m kinda rooting for the runt of the litter to surprise us and put out some great buds.

New grower also a veteran. Thank you for your service. Vietnam Era Vet USAF