Not 100% its deficiency, Light burn?

Slurry test, how is that done?

2 Likes

How to Test Soil Using the Slurry Method
1 Gather some soil from the test area.

2 Take the homogeneous sample and add equal parts of soil and distilled or deionized (DI) water in a 1:1 ratio. So, for 25 grams of soil you would add 25 mL of water.

3 Stir the sample for 5 seconds.

4 Let it sit for 15 minutes.

5 Start stirring the sample again after 15 minutes, and take your measurement with your ph pen.

3 Likes

That looks like A: Bugs or B: wind damage.

Do you have a fan blowing on them directly?

Thanks for the tag @nodurxshn :wink:

3 Likes

of course …you and silvaback203 are my goto for soil stuff :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I did, i have raised the two hitting back wall now, not directly onto plants…

1 Like

Status report today?

2 Likes

ohh im curious as well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ok someone or two may have mentioned status report!!!

Yes sirs, I have learned from my mistake… i have apparently OVERWATERED…so i had let them sit since last Wed… up till this morning… I also have learned not to be so quick to turn the light intensity up! Burning of the leaves…
So, I pondered a little to think of a way to get rid of that nice build up of moisture, I created in the bottom of the pot… and decided that i needed a way to get air to circulate underneath the pot… kinda hard to explain, look at the photos… so all that and more reading, and realizing that i need to let them bitches do there own thing and not try to tell them what to do… sorta like being married… hmmm, I’m single…
So to get what you wanna see, I might have slightly gave too much water again, should have waited till tomorrow morning, had to work so time was sorta limited… anywho, i gave the bushy plants 1/2g cal mag 1/2g water, at ph 6.4 … good runoff occurred… not worrying about ppm with this grow. It doesn’t appear that it had hurt the plant in anyway, maybe made it grow two fold today looks bushier than this morning… anywho…

So the big fan leaf is the one that was damaged and had the dark greenish color… they all were dark greenish apparently as you can tell with the new growth color…oh yeah the one big leaf, if you look a little further back my LST seemed to discolor the stem???
Again thank you all, i will have more questions this grow seems to be evolving rapidly… and I’m still Lost4sure!

2 Likes

Not unusual. She’ll bruise, then form a knuckle. It’s the plant cell walls hardening up so she’s less likely to break again in the future.

Also for what it’s worth, you caught the overwatering on time and approached it appropriately - they don’t look overwatered from here, just freshly watered.

I’m glad to see them chugging along! :v::100:

2 Likes

Ok I’m back with a serious problem… pretty sure its a cal def… for the tall plant and a mag def starting in the bushy one… i gave 5ml calmag/gal 1/2 g each… Hopefully will fix the problem… going into 7 weeks now, they are flowering maybe i stunted their growth i hope not…
I got home this morning and these leaves didn’t have this appearance when i left yesterday morning… so i haven’t a clue… anyway photos below…tall plant…

And the bushy one,

3 Likes

I think you’re on the money. Plants when they get lots of light burn through resources faster. If they’re flowering or in their transition stretch, they’ll doubly go through em as fast. CalMag is a good first shot at correcting.

How old are they and are they photos or autos? Sorry if you already said; memory isn’t the best. :v:

2 Likes

7 weeks now, Bruce Banner Autoflower…

2 Likes

Makes perfect sense, then. CalMag and watch her - if it progresses, time to bump all the nutes a bit - maybe 150 PPMs or so

2 Likes

well im back with a conclusion to my own light burn situation, i was running a spider farmer SF3000 and a maxisun XP3000 in a 4x4 tent…well the massive UVB from both lights together is what was causing the light burn and it was aggressive no matter how low i turned down the lights the UVB was torchin the plants. pulled 1 of the lights and all is good

3 Likes

Well, o have unfortunate news folks… my autos are nor autos they are photo’s… 8 weeks still flowering should be full of buds by now. Not a happy camper!

2 Likes

8 weeks from seed?

Anyhow, if photoperiod dominance is suspected, just reduce her light to 12/12. She’ll get stacking.

I have heard a lot of the Brucies are just real slow to flower too, though. Not sure why

1 Like

Yes sir, as soon as i can get to house i will change the schedule… working right now difficult to do anything at the moment… i do appreciate the help… i was wondering why they were taking so long… vpd has been good when lights on… lights out another story… temp doesn’t come down too much like 6-7 degrees, humidity stays at about the same 57-60%, vpd drops to 1.0kpa. Dont know what else i can do…

1 Like

Just switching the timer to try and encourage em to hurry up - that’s all I’ve ever done. Some are much slower than others - I’ve got one going right now that still took about 2.5 weeks after flipping to start doin’ her thing and she was already a mature photoperiod when I flipped (vegging since Jan)

2 Likes

I have changed the scheduling to a 12/12 cycle… do i need to change anything else like the feeding schedule or just stay the course im on…
???

So if the plant is slow to flowering and i change the schedule will that put me back into vegetative stage??