Nostril's Next: 5 outdoors in fabric pots

Nice tomato plants as well :wink:

1 Like

So-so this year, but thanks. I have 40 plants and should have a ton of cans of sauce by now but only have 10 quarts. The soil needs love and will get it this winter.

I do love tomatoes though!

2 Likes

Gold Leaf getting white and frosty in the sun. Our wind has picked up which has me nervous. Hopefully my bamboo stakes are supportive enough.

3 Likes

Gorgeous looking cola dude! Those should turn out really nice

1 Like

Thanks. Gold Leaf isn’t showing itself to be my biggest yielder by any means - OG Kush and GSCX are competing for that. Even “Big Bud” lags behind those two, despite the name. But GL is my nightly vape and my indoor potency was pretty low. That plant kind of finished early in the tent and is significantly less potent than Chocolope, which I grew next to it. Despite all that, I really love the flavor and effect, so I’m excited about having some that hopefully stays healthy to completion.

I have a big trip coming up at the end of September/early October where my girls won’t have my attention for 10 days. Bad timing, so I’m going to have to pay really close attention this month. My wife will be here and will be marginally willing to check on things for me, but I can’t expect much. Not her hobby. :slight_smile: I don’t imagine I’ll be cutting until after the first week of October, though, so should be OK as long as they all stay happy.

I’m sure all will be good. Any chance your body just more sensitive to sativa effects?

1 Like

Definitely possible. The Chocolope is very sticky stuff compared to Gold Leaf as well, which I’m using as part of my very unscientific evidence. But you could be right that indica agrees with me more. I’ll know more after harvest, since I’ll have OGK and BB as other indica dominants to play with.

1 Like

Chocolope is sativa dominant isn’t it? The others indica or 50/50 ish?

Yes, it is. Gold Leaf is the only 50/50 or indica dom that I have in my current stash. So we’ll see how the theory plays out when I harvest soon. Or if I try something else out of the house - just saw a friend who’s got some Blackberry Kush which would be an interesting data point.

1 Like

Big Bud is coming along, though I find the buds to currently be narrow and dense, not “big”… yet.

GSCX has the fattest buds that I can see clearly. OG Kush (farther below) has so many fan leaves, it’s hard to tell what’s inside all of that.

Jack Herer still lives! Tiny little auto hasn’t started flowering yet, even though we’re at 5 weeks yesterday.

OG Kush is leafy and fluffy, but there are buds under there. Very big plant with a lot of solid colas. I’m excited for this one.

6 Likes

Here’s a morning shot of Big Bud that’s backlit so you can see the buds. Decent for sure, but not as fat as the others. True to the strain, they aren’t nearly as leafy either.

Also another Gold Leaf cola. That plant is behind the others but rapidly advancing.

5 Likes

Some real nice colas there!

If starting from seeds the phenotypical traits can vary widely esp from hybrids. Only from clones can you guarantee the same expression. We’ve crossed the strains so many times through breeding that its becoming rarer to find true indica or sativa strains.

4 Likes

Well, I may have damaged OG Kush today. I had to move her because she was getting encroached upon by my artichokes (another delicious bud). I had noticed before that there were some feeder roots holding her to the soil underneath but figured I could break those in exchange for more airflow and light. Surprise! There was a taproot growing through the bottom of the fabric pot, and I snapped it.

Also pictured - GSCX clone, Gold Leaf, Jack Herer auto, A GSCX cola, and a foxtail on Big Bud.

2 Likes

She’ll probably be fine.

Happy anniversary!

2 Likes

I agree, probably solid enough root system in place to hold up. Happy Anniversary too!

1 Like

Hey, maybe I’ll enter this into grower lore. “Snap your taproot midway through flowering. It stresses the plant and forces it to blow out tons of trichomes!” :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Hopefully :joy: looks like you get to test that theory.

1 Like

OGK is still fine. I’m experiencing some cupping on my GSCX. The clone doesn’t have this issue. Any thoughts?

Outdoor plant right, has it been hot and/or humid?

1 Like