Northern lights seedling leave curl

I would go up to half strength nutes for all the plants. You don’t want to wait to see problems if you can correct it first, especially since their autos.

1 Like

Thanks again. Done. I’ll keep a close eye on them as they transition more into flowering. I just switched nutrients this week so I’m nervous they’ll react to the change.

At half strength they should be fine, especially since they already got a dose at quarter strength.

I’m having an issue with my Blueberry haze and it seems to be spreading quickly. It’s an auto and it’s in week 4 of flowering (week 9 of overall plant life). I flushed the plant with ph’d water two nights ago thinking maybe it was just overloaded with nutrients. I’ve been feeding half strength nutes every three days. But the problem got worse, leading me to believe it was a shortage of something. I have it 3/4 strengths nutes last night. Thoughts?

What is your Ph, and what is your water source, tap?

Ph before watering is between 6.3 and 6.7. I try to make sure it’s not always 6.5. Run off is 6.5. Water is tap with an EM reading of about 220 before I add any nutrients.

I’ve seen this before, but I’m not sure what it is. Let’s call in some people who might know, @Countryboyjvd1971, @garrigan62, @Hogmaster.

I have three other plants in the same set up receiving the same light and nutrients and they’re doing really well. I just can’t seem to get this one under control. Thanks for the help!

Are the other your doing the same strain ? I’ve had this issue it was ph & Cal mag fixed some but not others I’ve not been able to figure out the fix unless early one I hade dryed up but still Produced a very good Yield what your soil you’re using or are you growing hydroponic ECT

1 Like

The others are northern lights and amnesia haze. All are growing in fox farms mixture of forest and ocean, 5 gallon pots. They get one gallon of water every three days. Average daytime temp is 75, nighttime is 65.
I’ve been adding 5 mil of calamg per gallon every watering.

I also thought some Cal Mag would help.

1 Like

I would up that one plant to 8 ml per water just on her if she is the one with the issue what that’s all indoor too correct

1 Like

I’ll give it a try. Do you think it would help to water her a little less but do it every day for awhile, or keep with the deep watering once every three days?

Quick question: does calmag go bad? I’ve had the current bottle since last September, 2017

I always prefer to deep water every few days, and it’s best if you can let her dry out between waterings.

I don’t believe Cal Mag goes bad, is there an expiration date on the bottle?

1 Like

I’ve been researching and I see a lot of people suggesting that you stop using calmag after flowering starts. Am I making things worse by upping the amount of calmag I’m using at this late stage?

No, I don’t think so. I’ve never heard of stopping Cal Mag for flower.

Yeah, that was my mistake for not researching deeper. Apparently, there are different strengths of calmag. I’m using GH which is 1-0-0. It says I can use it all through flowering.

2 Likes

@HobbyGuy have you used any PK boosters when you change to the flowering period maybe your plant wants a little more Phosphorus this is what the plant is looking for more right now and plenty if you have topped fimmed or thing’s like that because with all off the extra growth that we all make happen by using these techniques needs more nutrients to keep them all going strong. I hope this helps you out some we are all learning something new every day and that’s always a great thing :v:.

@Johnzy81 Thanks for the reply. I have been using something call Peak by Aurora (0-12-7) but only 2ml per gallon. The directions said to only use it during the last week of flowering so I’ve kept it to only a little. I’ve been using Big Swell also (2-5-3) at 5 ml per gallon. It says between 5-15 ml per gallon which seems like a big range. I’ve been sticking to 5. Do you think I should be upping either of those? I’m also using their standard bloom nute (1-4-3) 5 ml per gallon.

1 Like