Northern lights, not flowering, just growing, what can cause this?

Thanks, you say could, so there is a chance there is not? As I told you before these plants are from June??

If you have lights set 12/12 and no light leaks they can take 3-4 weeks to start full on flower but the tight nodes spacing suggests they are starting to flower. I typically don’t class a plant as in flower until I see calixs or pistils but the early signs are bunched growth at nodes so yes likely in flower now. I also use imposed darkness to speed things up at times 24-48hrs with no light at start then 12/12 but 12/12 is the real trigger aswell a plant needs to be fully mature to flower most of the time I hunt for preflowers before ever flipping lights under 18/6 a fully mature plant will show some preflowers most of the time by about 3-4 months of age

2 Likes

Thank you for everything :+1::+1:

Hi
I’m almost giving up on my two plants. I have alredy planted 6 nes ones with better lights And all. Im not Even sure they are producing THC? Is it possible to measure this some how, or is the THC being produced during flowering? I was thinking of trying to clone one them and start over, do you think this is a good idea? But if the specimen is bad, will the clone also be bad? I think I have to bad light source on the two plants and that is why they aren’t flower, can this be it? I have 12/12 for two weeks today, and also turned the lights off for 36 hours in this period and still no fu… flowers? What to do?

Be patient do they look any different than three days ago? I went through same hastle with a strain couple of months back but it was sativa dominant genes giving my grief so in the end I just did away with the strain only because I grow perpetual and 12 week strain didn’t fit with my 8-9 week strains

Are you sure your lights are going off completely? I recently discoverd I had a power strip leaking current even when off. The LED light I had plugged in to it was actually glowing ever so slightly.

It took all of two weeks for my plants to show pistils after I switched to 12/12. Give it some more time.

Is this really this important? I would say it’s about 100 % certain that my lights go off and also that no lights are entering😳 I will try and turn the lights off for 48 hours starting today hopefully this will solve the issue👍 just curious where are you from, I’m from Norway and I’m set up in my basement, perhaps this is no good? I have a “tent” and a heater inside so there is approximately around 21 degrees Celsius inside. I installed this heater yesterday so it’s been cooler for some time, can this be it? Thanks guys

Få Outlook for iOShttps://aka.ms/o0ukef

Oh, yeah, it’s critical that your lights aren’t glowing a little. It was an outside shot, asking. My last indoor grow had terrible buds, took forever and so on. Subsequently I discovered the light issue.

As long as you’re sure you’ve got pretty complete dark and no leaks, they’ll go into flower for you.

I’m in Maine in the USA, around the 46th line of latitude. You’re probably further north than I am.

Hi man, how are things in Maine?
In Norway I’m actually starting to flower🙏 So I’m getting a little bit excited. This is my first time growing😀
However I have set another strain about tyrer seks ago, and to me they look good. When is it time to CUT the top off, how big or many nodes do a plant have to have at first, sole tips anyone?

Br

Odd⚽️

Congrats on finally flowering! You were pretty nervous about it.

Someone else will have to advise you about topping or pruning. I generally don’t. Search around the growing tips here - there are articles that go into great detail.

Keep us updated on how things go.

Hi Donald.

Did you enjoy the weekend? My plants have finally flowered, approximately how long until I can harvest? I’d appreciate answer​:thinking::thinking:

12 years…

Or about 8 weeks, but it’ll seem like 12 years…

2 Likes

Ohh shit sorry, was not my intention to trash you😪

lmao I think he was right on both counts could be 8-10 weeks but will seem like an eternity the first grow

Hi man.
Everything good? Just wonder, my plants are Flowering and i still have 12/12 cycle, am I supposed to keep this cycle until harvest?

1 Like

Absolutely @The_Odd-one. There are a few different methods, but 12/12 is the standard for flowering.

Hi all.
AS i shared earlier, my first plants are flowering and I’m really happy about that. It’s close to 4 weeks since they flowered, Im as green as they come but are my buds really small? How big should they be in week 4 in flower?

1 Like

Have you adjusted their diet for flower? and Buds usually do the bulk of their fattening and bulking up after week 5 so they should get bigger yet
I only asked if you have adjusted diet because N retards bud development

2 Likes