Northern Lights - Is this normal?

Hey all, I popped two NL seeds on Sept 8. This is them now. Is it normal for the two of them to be so different with the same light, water, nutrients, etc.? The smaller one is so tight and compact while the bigger one is airy and spindly. I’m growing outdoors in Hawaii.

Mahalo,!
image|374x500

!

1 Like

Yes. Same strain. Different Phenos. Think of it like your bros and sis. Are yall same height? Weight? Shade? Hair and eyes? In the same family genetically. Just they show differences

2 Likes

Awesome…thank you. It’s my first grow so I’m sure I’ll have lots of questions. Thank goodness for this forum!

1 Like

Purp gave you the best example I know of. Welcome to the forum. It’s definitely a great place to be… especially if you’re growing weed lol

1 Like

Yup welcome to the forum. Any questions feel free to shoot. N to get someone specific attention use the @ then they name. Like @PurpNGold74 for example

1 Like

I have 4 NL plants and one of them was always shorter and fatter. Funny though, it now has the biggest buds. Just curious, are those autos or photos?? How long did you veg them??

1 Like

They’re autos. The tough part about living in Hawaii…we have two seasons, long and short. We’re in short now which is 12/12.

2 Likes

And I’m super new to this so maybe there’s a better way to grow outdoors in these light conditions that I just don’t know yet. I’m hoping they at least get taller and bushier.

1 Like

Since they are flowering they may get a bit taller but probably not bushier.

Here are mine on day 90 from seed.

You’ll love the smoke. Smooooooth and earthy with citrus.

3 Likes

These were photos begged vegged for 50 days

1 Like

Also next time use 5 gal pots. Regardless they look great! I’m also a first time grower.

1 Like

Wow! Yours look great, I was going to transplant them into 5 gallon this week. Should I not do that? Can you germ them in the bigger pots to avoid transplanting?

1 Like

Autos don’t like being transplanted and especially during flower.

1 Like

Autos are appealing for the ease of not having to worry about the photo period but the veg window is small and they can be very touchy about changes. This causes them to stunt easily. Usually once sprouted they are put into there final pot. Autos work on there own schedule, photos allow the grower to dictate the schedule and give more control to us.

2 Likes

Inthink most locations with insane lighting hours use alot of autos… they dont really go by 18-6/12-12. And i remember @IslandP using shading tentish work. Click his name and check the journal. Sweet idea

1 Like