Northern lights flowering too soon

We are growing a northern lights plant, currently in the greenhouse. It is only three weeks old but has started showing Signs of flowering.
This seems much too early! Does anybody know why this is happening.
There are other plants in the greenhouse the same age and they are growing well. The Northern light is auto flower.

1 Like

Auto’s show fast. They have a short life span of about 90 days from seed to harvest. Guides give a flowering period but they all differ from real life as we all don’t have the same equipment, soil etc. The exact harvest date is by observing the trichomes and knowing your plants, and then knowing what you want out of them. You can harvest different times for different effects desired.

Plant to plant and strain to strain like us all differ.

4 Likes

Autos will start showing their sex around week three, some confuse this with flowering. The transition from late veg to early flower typically starts to happen around week five, with the flower stretch beginning somewhere close to week seven. Typical life span for auto flowers is eleven to thirteen weeks.

4 Likes

It’s rare but sometimes autos can go from seed to harvest in as little as 10 weeks. Although most run closer to 100 to 110 days. Most seed banks even list it as a 10 week harvest plant on autos.

2 Likes

Those guys (n gals if applicable) above got it 100%. Autos do what they want. U cant push her back into veg, but she may just being showing sex and not fully flowering.

If she is? U cant do anything but adjust. Feed her accordingly and know ull have a staggered harvest. (One weeks before the others)

2 Likes

@middlechamber thanks for the help sorry didn’t answer earlier first timer

@PurpNGold74 thanks for the help sorry didn’t get back to you earlier first timer

1 Like

@SKORPION thanks for the help sorry I didn’t get back to you earlier first timer

1 Like

@Arborfarms thanks for the help sorry I didn’t get back to you earlier first timer

We are all busy especially trying to come out of the forced shutdown.
I’ve had 4 grows in 1/1/2 yrs now since it became legal. Every plant is like us an individual, had 4 of the same strain once,1 hated to be fed, it clawed on me, the rest loved it.
Enjoy your grow & harvest.