Northern Lights Flower - 2nd Installment - SCROG

Looking good I was wondering how your plants where doing. Curious what others will say of number 5. Nice job on the grow log How did you make that spread sheet ?
I should have started one but I tell myself I will remember lol
Yea right
Hows your pup?

The surgeons did a fantastic job. She is doing well thanks for asking. A long recovery in front of her so it gives me the excuse to sit in the recliner next to her and let her know I am there.
Here is a snip of the headings and some of the beginning entries. It is a simple excel schedule.

I used to keep my notes in a binder but they were very inconsistent and hard to find anything.
The far right columns I note temp & RH and code if RH is within / under / over VPD schedule from Scynce. I have a laptop in my lab so it is easy to enter stuff as I am doing it.

2 Likes

Interesting to see if it will be in other samples that I take going forward. Have you seen any thing similar? I have seen a couple posts mentioning black or purple.
Do you think I am interpreting #5 ph / runoff numbers correctly?

Nice good to hear

No I personally have not, but then again, Ive seen many things that Ive never seen before too! As for your PH… it is what it is at testing, it seems as though you have a solid grasp on how deal with it.

2 Likes

Question
I have one scrawny looking plant. I did a run off today and ppm was 940 and ph of 7.5
Every other time ph was in the low 6
I just topped dress with FF strawberry fields and added FF fruit and flower. Did I mess up ?

not sure what your ppm should be but seems low if you are in living soil. The ph is wacky though. How about other plants?
Is this one any different in terms of soil, applications, top dressings or amendments?

Others average run off 1900 but ph is 7.5.
All got the same top dressing
I think the Ff fruit an and flower raised the ph of the run off
I’m going to check ph of soil when the lightS come back on

Just seen strawberry fields has Dolomite lime

Lesson learn Maybe
I ended up removing all the Strawberry fields top dressing I put on all 5 plants and made some more of my original soil and added some down to earth rose and flower to the mix ,that also was in the original soil 4-8-4 . I thought SF was supposed to be good for flower. Then I ran a gallon of water through each and checked ph in run off which was very little but enough to test. Ph on all 5 came back down to 6.5. Ppm on 4 of them were around 1900 except the one plant I used straight FF Ocean mix that ppm was 2200 That a Blue Dream and although I hate to admit it that plant is doing the best. I thought I could do better making my own soil up. The other plants aren’t bad but not as good as that one.
The plant that is having the problem still had a low ppm 950 but ph was 6.5 I can’t figure out why so low all got the same treatment??That’s a Critical purple about 2 1/2 weeks into flower.
Hopefully this will take care of some of it. Going to make a tea last one I made I put a lot of amendments in it shorty after that is when the wheels started falling of the bus. I will post a picture of leaves on the scrawny one tomorrow when lights on

Not uncommon. You have to see what works and what doesn’t. Push a little or back off when necessary. Time within the grow is important. Does it have time to correct and recover. Right now I am on the backside of flower and being conservative.

1 Like

Heres the picture
Thanks
I have no clue. Think maybe I locked up the soil
Looks like little blisters

2 Likes

She is certainly putting out some nice trichomes.
I see some leaf discoloration but hard to see because light is on.
Hate to guess so won’t.

OK I admit it. I love trichome pictures. Same #5 as a few days ago. Cut the tip of a calyx off

Mostly clear

And a mix of Clear and Cloudy

A few amber

A ring of trichomes

A a three headed one too

The bulbous ones are the good kind…right

6 Likes

Yours are looking great nice pictures.
I need to get a good reliable ph pen. Mine is acting funny and I have no way to recalibrate or test itimage

1 Like

I went with the consensus brand Apera model ph20. I got the kit so it came with calibration liquids. Had to get storage solution separate. I also take readings with my old pen to compare. Similar numbers but the Apera is a LOT faster. It only reads to 1 decimal. I also upgraded my ppm meter to bluelab conductivity meter.

2 Likes

Pretty confident my problems started with ph ing my water. In to much haste.
What are Your thoughts on fungal dominate teas ?

No clue. Sounds like my runoff if I don’t toss it right away

1 Like

Lol
I been reading a little on different types of teas bacteria Dominant and fungal dominant

Very nice pics bro, outstanding…:sunglasses::v: