Northern Lights - First Ever Grow

You’ll have lots more growth, trust me. What type of soil are you in? Liquid nutes or no? @SuperBeef

What does the molasses add? I have some cooking molasses, does that work? I have them in ProMix all purpose soil now with worm castings and compost mixed in. I use fish fertilizer for nitrogen, every 3 weeks.

1 Like

It has to be unsulphured molasses. I am giving you a research assignment to investigate molasses use with cannabis. You’ll be amazed!! @SuperBeef Molasses: An Excellent Supplement for Cannabis Plants - RQS Blog

Here is an article to start with

1 Like

Thank you! Here are some close ups of the top

2 Likes

@IslandGrown76 after topping just now

3 Likes

I would top that gal :smirk:

Boom!! Nice work leaving a little nub to, which helps strengthen that’s area. What strain is she again? @SuperBeef

1 Like

Where do you live that it’s still light outside?

Thanks! And I’m in Illinois. The strain is Northern Lights

2 Likes

Nice!! Like a true Northern Lights not crossed?

1 Like

Yup, just Northern Lights fem from ILGM

1 Like

Here is post topping pic this morning. The growth at the base will be the new main stems right?

1 Like

Day 50

Day 46

We had about 12 days of rain in a row, it finally stopped 2 days ago. But some moss had started forming on top of the soil. I scraped it off and am going to let it dry out to stop it from coming back. I topped a few days ago, at the 7th or 8th node (I forget if you count from first leaves or first 5 finger leaves). New growth has been slow at the top site, but it’s coming along. All in all, how we looking? @IslandGrown76 @PurpNGold74

3 Likes

Lets see another close up if u can. Yes they become the tops normally.

The moss is fine. Long as it doesnt go full blown algae in the pot. My perlite tends to green up a bit if i water too often. But let her dry out. She’ll be fine

Here’s a close up of the topping site. It’s in full sun now, apologies

1 Like

No problem. Give this a try. Bend/fold/restrict those two taller tops (well leaves) to the side of the newer ones. U want them almost horizontally flat. Itll shoot hormones to the new ones and speed them up a ton.

1 Like

Yeah that top set of large leaves definitely reach upwards when the sun is on them. More so in the morning. I’ll try to encourage them haha. Hopefully I don’t snap them

1 Like

If they are tough try cropping them. Index n thumb. N rolling it between ur fingers til it smushes the inside. U want it to give a lil both directions. Just keep smushing. N itll fold like a paper clip

1 Like

These ones correct?

1 Like

Indubitably

1 Like