Northern California, 2020 indoor/outdoor grow

Just found this :green_heart: sup neighbor :call_me_hand:

Got love for fellow outdoor enthusiasts! They look great btw - one pretty far into flower already for this time of year dang!

Following along, feel free to check my noober thread ā€œOutdoor Field Blend + Indoor Projectā€

@Green707Thumb ā€¦ I would also like to see what you got going it would be easier if you just tagged us inā€¦ All you have to do is hit @ and names will pop up if the one you want is not their type the first letter of their name and so onā€¦

Update at 16 weeks. It is strange to be flowering in August. These are outdoor photo plants, not auto flowering. This is in Northern California with long sunny days. Iā€™m not complaining, they got big enough, and Iā€™ll be harvesting before rainy season (no mold or bud rot).

Romulan and Lemongrass.

THC Bomb.

And the clones below are at 6 weeks. I expect these to go until late October or November.

1 Like

Nice harvest coming your way - that THC Bomb might be pH locked? The yellowing fans suggest a check and a flush imho - good luck!

Yes, I have alot of yellow leaves. I donā€™t think itā€™s lockout. Maybe a little too much water, but water is balanced to 6.0 - 6.5 pH. This is an organic grow with organic nutes. The nutes have been vegging balance N-P-K, but also adding langbenite(sp?) to boost flowering. Also giving magnesium (epsom salts) and molasses. I donā€™t check ppm, but my runoff pH is good. My new top growth looks good.

1 Like

Sounds like youā€™re on it bowse - organic grows 4TW

Storm damage. It was 104 degrees yesterday, constant thunder and lightning last night. Wind gusts blew over my 10 gallon pots of flowering buds. Gotta stake and tie up those heavy bud branches.

Honey, bamboo skewers, vinyl tape.

Plants are into the strong smell stage. Giving my neighbors fresh organic tomatoes, so we,re on friendly terms.

2 Likes

Heat damage. Itā€™s been triple digits heat lately. Got wilting leaves so I watered in the evening. These photos are the next morning; still wilted. I moved these outdoor potted plants into the shade, but today will be 104 again, in the shade. Should I feed? or not feed?

1 Like

I donā€™t know what youā€™re feeding schedule is but I definitely wouldnā€™t let them get dry. Itā€™s up over 100Ā° all the time where Iā€™m at in the summer and I water every other day on 12 gallon pots and larger and in the ground and then on the hundred degree days every day on the smaller 5 gallons if I have anyā€¦And I just continue my regular feeding/watering schedule

Editā€¦ I always water to runoff in pots outdoorsā€¦

Feeling the heat along with you in California, brother. Good luck!

Me too @YellowHouseā€¦

2 Likes

Me three :hot_face::weary::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

First harvest. I chopped 3 outdoor plants with some amber trichomes. Not a good summer grow this year, buds are light, lost a lot of leaves The good news is no problems with bugs or mold.

I did a hydrogen peroxide wash.

Dry cuttings on the left, wash bin with weights to hold the floating weed under, then a rinse bin, and a bin of wet clean cuttings on the right.

The drying shed, the three different strains are separated. These will hang for about a week, then go into paper bags until trimming.

I have 4 more clones in flower with maybe 4 weeks to go.

1 Like

Forgot to say beautiful ā€˜matersšŸ˜‰

Nice job on harvesting some clean budšŸ„³

Chopping my first tonight if you wanna seešŸ¤™šŸ¼

First harvest results for this year. These were three purchased clones on April 3, so this was a 26 week grow cycle.

Lemongrass 330 grams
Romulan 287 grams
THC Bomb 249 grams

This was not a great summer grow. I had trouble with heat, over watering, wind damage, and I donā€™t like the way my soil mix came out. The biggest colas from the THC Bomb had bud rot hidden inside; not showing brown of black dead patches on the exterior of the bud like Iā€™ve seen in the past. It hurt to dump these colas. I didnā€™t see any caterpillars, but I did see white moths, and I did spray with Capt Jackā€™s.

The Romulan is mostly Larf and popcorn buds. I donā€™t get tight dense buds with outdoor grows.

I still have 2 THC Bomb clones and 2 Lemongrass clones in late flower.

2 Likes

Harvested 2 plants at 26 weeks from cutting clones.
Cut and did some wet trimming, because it was a nice day outside.
Washed cuttings in hydrogen peroxide solution, and hung on string in an outdoor shed.
There are a few nice big buds, but also alot of popcorn buds. I donā€™t check wet weight.
These will hang for about 5 days, then controlled drying in paper bags until trimming.

My previous harvest from late September is in jars at 62%.

THC Bomb

Lemongrass

1 Like