Northern California, 2019 indoor/outdoor grow

@AAA No, it’s a cheap Wilson, bent steel frame, yes to plastic strings. No, I don’t play.

I will be spraying BT for caterpillers, but not yet. I have a cherry tree with massive aphid damage, and cherries get fruit fly larvae that needs Spinosad BT, so I’m using up all my neem oil and Spinosad on the cherry.

These may get huge. Probably veg growth for another 4 to 6 weeks.

@Budlite,so you are planning to start flowering July 1st-July 15th?

And thanks for playing on the tennis thing.

@AAA This is an outdoor grow in Northern California. All my plants are photo strains, and should start flower cycle when the daylight is about 12 hours, which is mid September. But as the sun gets lower, my plants will be in shade early mornings and late afternoons, so maybe that changes the 12 hour rule. I think the 12 hour rule works in controlled grow rooms with grow lights on timers. So I don’t really know when my plants (different strains) will start to flower. I do worry that October-November will be an epic battle with mildew.

I’ve seen photos, and I wouldn’t mind having a plant 10 feet tall and 10 feet wide, just saying…

My neighbor has a bug zapper “tennis” racket that makes snap sounds when he swats and vaporizes a bug, but my crappy tennis swing never hits the white moths, which are constantly changing direction. So if I was a good tennis player, maybe I could hit those moths.

I have a zapper racket. They sell them at Harbor freight.

I don’t think the shade scenario will trigger flower. I’m guessing August you will see them start, but all bets are off until it happens!

We can compare notes near that time.

Got hit with small hail or sleet today. My transplants were exposed but don’t seem to have damage.

Still haven’t decided where to move these 12 plants to where they get sun and have room to grow. I can’t be blocking the sun from the vegetable garden.

1 Like

1st world farmer problems!

Love it. Crazy weather, big Bear is getting snow!

Built a bench shelf for 12 pots. Plenty of room right now, but I’ll need to move every other one when they get big.

This gets them off the ground, in the sun, and not shading my tomatoes.

1 Like

Update, July 1:
That row of clones is vegging out.

My 4 mothers are flowering, getting sticky.

And buds:

3 Likes

Looking good!

Meanwhile, other vegging:

1 Like

Looking great amigo!

Mid-July update.

I do a daily bug hunt. Not having problems yet, but I do spray Spinosad Bt to keep the caterpillars from causing damage. My colas are growing and putting on weight, I think maybe 4 weeks until I harvest the 4 plants in flower. Northern California weather has been good; no rain, no mildew.

These are clones from my 4 big plants. Still in veg. Growing peacefully.

2 Likes

Sorry if I missed it, are the flowering ones autos?

@AAA No autos. These were clones I got in early March, maybe at 18 weeks now.
Started indoors under lights, but this is mostly an outdoor grow.

Nice. Looking good

Still a few more weeks to go.

August update:

Been picking off the brown leaves. Still feeding. Need to add more string supports to the top heavy colas for strong winds.

2 Likes

Almost September, These are at 24 weeks. Still growing.

I have clones from these that have almost caught up.

2 Likes

OK it’s time to harvest, finally got some amber. These are at 30 weeks.

Chopped these 3: Napali Pink, Guava Jelly, and Hades OG.

My Wash bin setup.

First bin is about 10 gallons of hydrogen peroxide solution. Second bin is clean rinse. The third bin is for carrying clean weed to my drying shed.

Dirty wash water, don’t want to smoke that dirt. I use metal pans to hold the buds down submerged.

Hanging up to dry. Different strains are separated. After a couple days I will start trimming while it’s hanging. I don’t check wet weight.

1 Like

Meanwhile, I have more plants still growing.

1 Like