Normal Plant Biology vs eggs

I’ve read about those :thinking:. I’m in the uk and was lucky. Not sure where you are but a predator/insectavore of some sort is definitely needed :sunglasses:. I was talking to a lad today and he uses a Hoover :thinking:

1 Like

as in a vacuum cleaner? lol.

i’m in the US. i’m not finding much on centipedes, though i feel like that would be perfect- they’re probably not as easily killed by some of the things i’d use to treat other things that may come up along the way. but the mites are easily obtained here. i fired off an email to a few companies just to see how they suggest using them in small areas - i think many of these folks sell them for farms and i think 25,000 would be overkill :rofl:

1 Like

Yep, a vacuum cleaner. He reckons he waits till the webs are visible and sucks the lot away. He has it down to a fine art apparently :scream::rofl::rofl:
25,000 that would be an invasion :scream::rofl::rofl:
I’ve read on here that lady bugs can be bought in sensible numbers. Apparently from Amazon don’t know if that’s an option

i don’t know how he doesn’t wreck all his leaves!

lady bugs aren’t a good option for me. one, they supposedly fly into the lights and die, but two, it’s in my bedroom and keeping them contained would probably be difficult. my dog would also go apeshit if any got out lol.

i do like the idea of being able to see them though. with the predatory mites i’d always be worried if they’re dead or gone.

Good point, be interesting to see what solution you come up with. There’s always a fear that these predators won’t stay around that’s why I like the idea of soil dwelling critters :sunglasses:

1 Like

i’m staring at ladybugs now haha. but what sucks is i now have DE all over everything. it sounds like it’ll kill ladybugs too. one of the places i emailed said they’d avoid hot lights.

i’ll have to try and catch a centipede next time i see one and resist the urge to set the house on fire. eh who am i kidding. fire. really don’t like them.

1 Like

:lady_beetle::lady_beetle::lady_beetle::scream::scream::rofl::rofl::rofl: . Seriously though, I was lucky with my centipedes. Don’t take anything into the house that could cause an infestation or send the dog stir crazy :scream:. I’ve no idea if the US version is the same as the UK centipede either. I can just see your dog going nuts just now as it tries to catch these bugs :rofl:

haha yeah i need to weigh a few things. she’s so chill and quiet and sweet but flying bugs… she’s a total FREAK and will knock the walls down. or i’ll go with the mites. it’ll be one of the two.

1 Like

i got the best shot of the bottoms i could get for now. if these are eggs… i hope they’re dead.