Normal growth? (FIM)

So these are 3 Afghan Kush plants I am growing I recently attempted Fimming on all three. How do you think it looks?

7 Likes

Alrighty, so these are photos taken 3 days into new growth after the Fim. They look strong and are having mad growth but im unsure how i did on the Fimming…

Any input would be great. :+1:

3 Likes

These are close ups just taken.

5 Likes

Well it’s still growing and doesn’t look like it’s damaged :+1:

4 Likes

@GreenThunder yeah I dont think that it was stunted very much but i jist hope that that Gim was done properly ya know

2 Likes

The fim can be more difficult than topping but from all I’ve read, if you mess up a fim then you probably have topped. :wink:

3 Likes

Hey there @Flat.Foot from what I can see they look fine can you post you photos just one in a post so we can Zoom in that way and see better looking great tho we’ll done :v:

1 Like

@GreenThunder @Johnzy81 haha its nerve racking for sure. Ive seen people miss the Fim and end up just stunting growth and syill remaining with its original main cola lol and thats what im worried about. Yeah ill post em ina sec

1 Like

3 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

I think you will be fine @Flat.Foot they are looking great you will find plenty off people here that will be willing to help help and if I can just ask ok we’ll done keep it growing :v:

1 Like

You did fine. Those leaves will always look like that. That’s where you cut it when you Fimmed. You hit it spot on.

4 Likes

So I give my plants what I call a “haircut” which is all a FIM really is, you don’t want it all gone, just a buzz cut. I never really know if a FIM took or not till it grows out.

Here is a FIM that took

Let’s say your FIM doesn’t take, which it looks to me like you did a good job, but all you really have to do is keep giving that plant a FIM or a “haircut” in the same place. What that will allow is all of those lower branches to rise up until they are level with the FIM like this

I think shaping it like this as I’m “playing barber” lol
fe4e1e2b0e8a2703c82f2ad7c86cf153fcf6e1e4

And the end result

Doing it this way it works exactly the same way as “topping” where all the lower growth rises up but as long as you keep just a little bit of “hair” then you get to keep you terminal shoot also !!

I have quit topping, I just keep giving “haircuts” on the terminal shoot and usually a couple other locations too. Once you top it, the topped part ceases to grow.

14 Likes

I think they look good and healthy!

2 Likes

Word thanks a ton everybody @Rugar89 @Johnzy81 @ ill keep you guys updated and if I need any more help for sure. Great suggestion though @TDubWilly on just keep trimmin the same area for equal height branches.

2 Likes

@Sasquatch thanks ya beast among men haha

1 Like

@Flat.Foot just as a point of reference for you next time you find make sure it only the hole middle part and be careful not to take from the two little sprouts either side and if you can managed to aim for taking 90% off the middle and leave the last 10% and all will be spot on and that is from my personal experience and so far so good for sure. :+1:

So you continue to fm until everything else catches up?

2 Likes

Yes maam I do :blush:

1 Like