Nooby question about autos

I have several old journals on here. I started this grow inside for a month, first.

My next indoor grow will start at the end of August.

1 Like

That’s cool, I’ll keep an eye out for it. I should be starting the end of September, so it will be good to watch yours before I drop seeds.
What kind of medium are you using?

1 Like

I use a soilless mix of coco, peat, and perlite, lots of microbes, and organic liquid nutrients. All the basic info is here:

I usually make my own mix for medium, but the Ultra Coir I used this grow seems good, too.

1 Like

Excellent, Looks like I have some reading material to go though today :slight_smile:
Thanks for the info, very appreciated

1 Like

You’re welcome! You’re brain will most likely explode from all the info you’ll learn on this forum.

1 Like

Have you ever tried or heard of using a super soil for autos? I’m using Coast of Maine super soil on my outdoor potted grow and I’m loving the results thus far. Would love to bring that inside if possible.

Oh I’ve been here for three years lol love the info, I’m here daily gathering info. Wife has asked a few times if I have a gf on here lol

Photos

And yes i ended up feeding in flower general hydroponic nutrients

5 gallon pots and indoors but am about to try and use it outdoors for the first time and use organic teas

1 Like

Interesting, so you just used liquid bloom nutes? Oh wait, you use an auto watering system don’t you?

1 Like

Yes, the autopots

1 Like

I love this soil outside, I’ve said it in other forums but I still haven’t lost one leaf to deficiency, the original first leaves are still on mine.
I’m going to be adding my bloom nutes August 5

So they’re available for flower. Excited to see how that goes lol

1 Like

My first question here: I have autos 3 wks old in a grow closet. I put them outside (80F) in the day then inside for 18/6. Any harm, like shock, from moving them for the sunlight?

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum @TommyG
If you’re growing mainly indoors under an artificial light, your going to want to slowly move your plant outside. Starting in a shady spot for a few hours, increasing that slowly over a period of a week or so to harden them off to the intense difference in light from the sun.

2 Likes

Will do, already burned the tips of some wee leaves; I lowered my grow lights too for now.

I have no interest in super soil, at this time. I have had nothing but bad experiences with hot soils, so I go soilless and organic, to have more control. That’s my personal preference, though.

2 Likes

As mentioned above, the goal is to “harden” them off by gradually introducing them to the sun a little each day.

You can start hardening off at the seedling stage but it’s easier after the plant has grown several nodes

1 Like

Right, I will wait a bit longer next time as I toasted some bottom leaves, except for the two “Critical Mass” plants, where the bottom leaves turned purple (and kinda of looks groovy). I won’t top the Crit. Mass ones, the others, not sure if topping helps in a short grow cycle. I am not feeding yet but I should start. Is there a preferred mix for the veg state?