Noobie but wanna learn to Grow

Hello I am trying to learn how to grow and having trouble reading this chart that I found on the site. I will be buying some seeds and the fertilizer pack on the main website can anybody help explain it and the doses I’ll be using? Imma be running a ebb/flow system heard it was the easiest to learn with. Any other advice you can give a beginner would be great I’m wanting to pop my cherry with sour diesel and prob white widow. So any knowledge will help ppm, ph, humidity, temp all that would be a blessing. Thank you. And have a wonderful day.

1 Like

Bump would really like some info please

Never seen this but like it. I guess from week to week it is telling you when to fertilize and how much and what fert to use.

Best ph for the runoff water to be in the week schedule.

Ok, so what you have here is the recommended dosages to give your plants, per week.
My Fox Farm nutrients came with the same thing, except theirs is a lot easier to understand lol.
So, with yours, it’s telling you that you have a 4 week veg period, and a 9 week flower. If you veg longer than 4 weeks, you just continue the week 4 feeding for any extra weeks in veg.
It’s telling you in the first week of your plants life, the pH should be 5.8 in hydro. Or 6.5 in soil. That’s what that bottom bar is, but it’s pointless because your water or soil should ALWAYS be kept at their appropriate levels.
Now, for week one, it says you should put 0.6 gr per Liter of water, (I have no idea what a “gr” is in terms of units?) of your “start fertilizer”. When added, the EC of your water should be 1.2
And every week after you’ll just follow that diagram.

I hate to say it, but I don’t like this setup for a feeding schedule, it doesn’t really make sense to me. Every other company has it set up JUST like this, except way more details for the grower. Like here, look at my fox farms feeding schedule. It’s self explanatory…

Treez

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

It looks like gram per litre?..but if so, I hope they give an easy way to measure with all those small odd numbers. There’s a conversion for ounces, but that was equally difficult to measure. And a FAQ page at the website.

I am guessing, but EC should rise as gr goes up…on the chart, week 0 and week 1 gr may need to be switched? Start with the smallest dose?

1 Like

What fertilizers do you using through out your grow? Mind linking me too some u recommend for a first time grower? I can follow charts just need to understand them and know what chemicals I need to do a full harvest

@420brothers For first timer I would use a simple three-part system

Fox Farms & General Hydroponics Flora are two very popular brands with tried-and-true results
-good luck

1 Like

@420brothers,

Welcome to ILGM

The first thing you need to know is in Roberts book " The Grow Bible " you can download
It for free at this link…
http://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/marijuana-grow-bible

There is all the knowledge you need as a beginner and more… AND IT’S FREE !
Forget the charts for now cause they do you no good at this point.
If you still need help just ask.
Hope this helps

B Safe
Will

1 Like

@420brothers I would recommend Fox Farms. I’ve been using it since I first started growing and I love it. It’s worked great for me so I haven’t tried any others yet. I run 5 gallon DWC buckets. I’m sure for ebb and flow you would be just as well with Fox Farms trio nutrient package. That’s what I got, it’s the 3 main nutrient mixes you’ll want to use, Big Bloom, Grow Big, and Tiger Bloom. I also recommend just going on Amazon and reading some reviews too. And definitely go to their website and read about them. You’ll get a better feeling for what you’re buying.

Treez

1 Like

OK @420brothers,
As you stated you are a first time grower…ok !
just for starters

1.). Size of your grow room ?

2.) Lights for. Seedlings, then for vegg and for flower

3.) What kind of grow are you choosing Soil Or Hydro

4.) How many plants what strain ?

5.) Meters for checking ppm , pH humidity and so on

6.) Nutrients. Kind how much ?

7.)\Air flow ?

And this is just the beginning

So download the book read it more than once cause there is a lot more to this than charts at this point.
I just wanted to give you a little insight into this grow question of your

B Safe
Wil

1 Like

I’m gonna be attempting to grow a ebb and flow hydro system using 600w led full spectrum lighting in my closet. Prob a 4’ by 2’ will be the size of my grow table idk the complete specs just building it myself from the research I’ve done. I’m just needing help on the chemicals mainly. I’ve gotten a general knowledge on the rest

Go check out Fox Farms nutrients and Advanced Nutrients, those are the 2 I know most people use. Like I said, I use Fox Farms, but if you’re just started you should read about the different companies and go with what you believe to be the better of the lot. I really like the Fox Farms trio pack because it has both chemical and organic compositions to its nutrients. I try to be organic as possible, but with hydro it’s hard to do that. Plus I’m still new to the whole hydroponics growing scene. But if you asked every guy on here they will all probably have a different answer for nutrients haha, go with what you feel is easiest to use or works best for plants. Hope this helps.

Treez

1 Like

Advanced Nutrients is a pretty good 3 part nute in my humble opinion.

1 Like

Ok thank you so much everybody for the help one last question is 600w led full spectrum lights good for the entire grow? Or would I need some other light for the flowering stage.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Also @420brothers what is the actual wattage of your 600w LED?
They all say a higher number of watts than they actual put out.

1 Like

If the light says full spectrum that means that it puts out all colors of light good for grow and bud. I’ve never owned one but I know at least some , maybe all of them are dimable, and I think you can control the spectrum as well, like more reds for bud or more blue for grow.

Haven’t went and actually bought the lights yet I’m just wondering if led full spectrums are truly worth it. From what I read a lot of expert growers are moving to them cause it drops the cost of electricity and they do a good job just wondering if you guys have heard the same. I will be doing a 2x4 grow bout how many plants will I be able to put there? I am goin to be growing sour d