Noob question about nodes

Greetings all. Happy holidays. My three week old have gone into full vegetative mode. Is this space between nodes acceptable ?

4 Likes

Yes. Looks good. You want enough space between the nodes that there is good airflow within the plant.

4 Likes

Looks great to me! Good color, good node space, and she looks anxious to put out branches.
Maybe a little small for 3 weeks? How about a little more info on what she is, and her environment.

3 Likes

The spacing looks good to me. A lot things can account for the distance between nodes. Genetics / strain, light spectrum and distance. It looks like she may have stretched for light at the beginning but that is no longer the case. Some soil can be added to take care of that.
I like to pay attention to the cotyledon leaves. Yours still look green indicating the plant did not need to consume them when very young.

4 Likes

Thanks. This is a Cuba libre auto. The plant is small due to the soil being naked. I guess. But I did not purchase the seed starter to add to soil. I needed that. This soil is organic potting soil by espoma.

Because of that. the plant I believe was growing small. The light fixture I have sucks.

I needed to add some nutes to get this one going so I added fox farm cultivation nation. And since I did that the plant have take off growing.

This was her in her second week.

This is her today.

The tent is small. Have kept humidity now in this stage in the 50s. Is very close to light. At least twelve inches.

2 Likes

This is the amount of light I’m working with.

1 Like

2 Likes

Don’t let my comments cause you to go overboard with the nutrients. It likes like the nutrients are petty well dialed in with the growth rate that the light is giving.
I would suggest that you look at a HLG Patriot. You can always use the old lights for seedlings or cloning.

3 Likes

Green beams 240w!!! Tried and true for me buddy. $175 for an amazing light. Night and day on my grows since I switched and doesn’t break the bank!! Definitely worth a look into. I got switched and I’m hooked!! Dimmer. Extension chord for driver. Love my light! Buying more next month!! You won’t regret it

3 Likes

Those lights that you are using are not 100 watts input! Cheap lighting manufacturers lie by overstating watts, by saying it is equivalent to certain old style light wattage. You should always compare a LED by the wattage input to the driver.
You will need 20 to 45 watts of LED light per square foot. I would recommend that a new grower doing autos starting out at about 25 watts per square foot, until you get some more experienced at it.

4 Likes

I’ll share this to you as well. This is how it was explained to me.

3 Likes

Thank you all for the valuable information. Will definitely look into a better light. Once the pockets recover from the holidays spending. This is how close I got them to maximize. Making sure it won’t burn them.

2 Likes

Looks like you are doing very well so far. A better light and another fabric pot will have you producing amazing results very soon.
I am very biased, and will only recommend HLG lights. The Patriot will be perfect for a 2x2, and it comes with the driver already separated from the light, (At least that how it appears in the picture on their website). This will allow you to mount the driver on the outside of your tent, and keep it’s heat out of the tent.
But it is your money, and your decision. But I think that you may have learned that Amazon is a bad place to get grow information.

4 Likes

I will definitely get a light upgrade. In the meantime. I guess I work with what I have. I have two of these lights picture below.

Plus that giixer light. So now I added the other light. So two of those and the giixer. Take a look.

That will have to do until I get a better one in a few weeks.

5 Likes

Hey brother I can relate. Use what you got and make it work for you.

7 Likes

I’m about sold on the 240w green beams light. I’m going to order it in the next week. I know lighting is crucial! But I too got rolling with some blrp and did okay. I have some decent 100 true watt led grow lights that did well on a 1 plant 1 light basis but wasn’t quite enough a Linqool 100w full spectrum it was $44 originally bought it as a small veg light but ended up using it throughout.

4 Likes

Hey, its all about growing the best you can with what you got and upgrade as you can. Good luck with your grow.

3 Likes

I agree with do the best you can with what you have, and I am old school enough to know that you can grow descent weed with just a cool white and warm white fluorescent light.
But on the other hand, nothing guarantees a good return on investment as much as a good quality LED light.

4 Likes

I started with one 100W input light then added a 2nd light for flowering of 4 autos in a 3x3 tent.

Averaged about 1.6 oz per plant.

Once I upgraded and added my 3rd (300W total) I averaged 3.1 oz per plant.

Now I have 400W for my 4th grow.

You will still get some good herb… just not as much as you’ll get with more light. It took me a year to find deals to het to 4 lights

Welcome!

4 Likes

Thank you all. I manage to put some money aside to get another light to go next to that one. I Got it yesterday from Amazon. Is on the way. Is a viper spectra. Not too much money. Can’t afford a more expensive one. But this one to me is a better light. That gives me a better chance. What do ya think about this light.
VIPARSPECTRA P1000 Led Grow Lights for Indoor Plants Full Spectrum with Samsung Diodes(Includes IR), Dimmable 100W grow light 2x2 Coverage Plant Growing Lamps for Plants Veg and Bloom Amazon.com

2 Likes