Noob in need of wisdom!

This seems doable. How is this working out for you?

You wouldnā€™t happen to have some visuals so I can get a better idea of something to set up inside? Iā€™m in the same boatā€¦have nosy neighbors and kidsā€¦and Iā€™m a newbie so any advice is appreciated!

@torixredduer here are a couple random pics from the web. Snoop around for a while, youā€™ll find something that will work.

attachment

2 Likes

Thank you :blush:

1 Like

I think itā€™s about different light strength for veg and flower. Helpful, not necessary. I do think a good one for flowering is needed, but mines only 300w and is working. I sprouted mine in the same ā€œJiffyā€ seed starter that I did my tomatoes. Actually fed them organic tomato fertilizer (diluted) during veg state because thatā€™s what I had.

I know that there are scientific ways to optimize your grow but damn, itā€™s a weedā€¦

My first real grow also and Iā€™m concerned about heat. I got some seeds from here, WW, and have two plants growing outside during the day. Itā€™s been about 95 degrees, average for So Florida this time of year. Not sure if the heat is affecting them now. I plan on tenting them in my garage when they are ready to flower, by then the temp in my garage should be in the 80s Is the heat gonna kill my grow?

I lived in FL, and the heat and humidity are gonna be tough outside. I would get some shade netting and at least position it to block ā€œhigh sunā€ (about 1-3pm) when you wouldnā€™t want to lay out on the beachā€¦

So do you think my method will get me anywhere? Lolā€¦ I ā€œgerminatedā€ (Is that the right word) in a paper towel and then put them in pots on my window sealā€¦i move them around every day. I was using cheap soil but I had a mushroom growing so I switched. I was told happy frog fix farm but my Walmart didnā€™t have anyā€¦so I used miracle grow :confused: I figured it wouldnā€™t hurt, right?

1 Like

I bought something that said organic, and didnā€™t have any added nutrients that I didnā€™t plan on. #yaneverknowā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m still in the process of acquiring all the equipment I need. I should have a tent in the garage pretty soon. I may have to run an ac duct from my attic to my tent. Next two plants will be done all in the tent.

I just bought a 10-pack of Mylar survival blankets cheap (under $10), and plan on doing a PVC frame for a tent, using T joints at regular intervals for attaching a hog-wire mesh thingy, ability to reposition fans etc. Iā€™m going for high class ghetto.

2 Likes

So Iā€™m thinking my set up will be:

2x2x4 tent
Gonna try for a 450w or 600w LED light (still researching this)
6" intake fan
6" exhaust fan
homemade carbon filter for the exhaust
oscilating fan inside for ā€œbreezeā€
temperature/hygrometer for temp/humidity

Iā€™m hoping this can get me set up and growing. Iā€™m researching pH testing now and hoping that I can add that into my first grow. Mainly trying to skirt the line of having a successful grow and not overwhelming myself lol.

I just got a generic digital pH tester, and some up/down for about $20.

I donā€™t PH my water but when I did I used the strips and they work fine. You donā€™t need the digital PH tester unless you cant read the strips or just need fancy toys to look professional. Thatā€™s my opinion so those that do use them donā€™t get all butt hurt. Do you think back when weed was grown in fields they said let me PH the water. Its a weed it doesnā€™t take much to grow.

2 Likes

Valid point lol.

Outside nutrients are provided by roots searching them out and rain water is ph perfect for soil

Inside you are required to provide environment for success itā€™s you playing Mother Nature

2 Likes

@Fever I grow inside and still donā€™t PH water and I only use tap water.

1 Like

Running the same fan for intake and exhaust is probably going to cause some air leaks. The carbon filter is going to restrict the amount of air your exhaust ran can move, thus creating a positive pressure situation within your tent. Positive pressure will usually cause unfiltered air to leave your tent, and scent issues.

2 Likes

You run the outtake fan slightly faster then the intake and should balance things out if im not mistaken I think thatā€™s part of the reason they sell speed controls for the fans if they donā€™t already come with it.

1 Like

Yep. I recommend using speed controllers on all intake and exhaust fans. The problem is that not all fans are compatible with all speed controllers, and even less control from broad enough range.

Depending on the filter used and amount and type of duct, you could see most of the exhaust fans airflow restricted. If you can only restrict your intake fan to 50%, it could still overtake your exhaust.

Iā€™m not saying it canā€™t be done, just that perhaps saving some money on a smaller fan could also provide some additional benefits.

1 Like