Noob here, has anyone grown Sour D autos before?

Just wondering if anyone has exp growing Sour D autos and if so would love to hear anything you have to say. Would love any input from anyone on growing autos in general. Thanks! Ill be growing in a greenhouse and using FoxFarms Ocean soil.

1 Like

You might consider doing the happy frog when it’s a baby and ocean as it gets bigger by layering the two

4 Likes

@GrowMyOwn420 my stain re auto flower sour diesel but I’m in hpff so I recommend used hpff o mix but I’m no expert on mix soil but fox farm ocean is to hot that what I heard but this is my bbys

2 Likes

Thank you! Does ocean have too many nutes for a baby?

2 Likes

@GrowMyOwn420 I don’t know to much about ocean forest but I see expert mix hpff and ocean but in hpff you have bite until the 3 o 4 week

1 Like

Yeah it’s too hot from what I have read here. A lot of people start it in fox farm happy frog (less nutes) then transplant into ocean forest so that as its roots grow it will get into the ffof as it gets to the stage it needs those extra nutes

Since yours is an auto, transplant is not recommended so you can layer the soil so the happy frog is in middle where seedling is and rest of pot is ocean

I’m sure some experts will chime in to help (I’m a noob) but I’m pretty sure my advice is sound

2 Likes

@Mr_Wormwood I heard that to some ppl mix the soil maybe that was he need, if was my I’m in hpff and from seedling to 4 week she look pretty and healthy I start nute my on her 3 week but small amount and she look good now I’m wait to feed next week and add bloom cuz my bby is on flower stage she pistilling just 3 days ago

1 Like

I’m glad I don’t have any nute burn until now

Man, you guys rock. Thanks that is exactly what im gonna do. Put ocean forest in the pot , scoop out a center and fill the void with the frog. Very sound advice and a cool idea. Im already very glad I posted bc that will prob save me alot of problems and bounty.

1 Like

@GrowMyOwn420
Don’t worry here is a lot of ppl expert to rookie they can help you in any question or problem, I’m rookie I just like you starting but so far I’m in my 4 week of from two that I try one of my plant die in week 2 and the other one is on week 4 and she is a variagetion genetic something a Lear hear and is not a problem just a mutation so she look healthy so I’m so happy if is not problem I can follow you grown

Happy growing and welcome

Only advice I’ll offer is your plant will tell you if it needs something. Remember it’s easier to not screw up the less you meddle with things. :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

As a seedling when it first pops out of soil u might get a little bit of yellow tip on tge first 2 to 4 leaves and thats all with ffof. Before i started coco i did all ffof strait no additives or anything and all my plants made it super good. A few here or t g ere depending on the strains did get a touch of nute burn but nothing major at all. Maybe get ffhf and ffof and do the bottom 2/3 in ffof and hf on the top remainder. Seed will start in the hf and gradually grow into the ffof

2 Likes