Noob grower, Outdoor LowRyder auto, Planted 5/1

Hi everyone!!! I have a question regarding couple of my plants, I have read RB’s Grow Bible and Plant care on PDF and I can’t find anything that matched my concern.

These girls are watered with well water and/or rain.

What are these spots on the leaves and how do I get did of them? Not all my girls have these blemishes.

Likely from a pH imbalance
You cannot get rid of them as the damage is done
pH your water and it should keep the rest of your foliage from turning

1 Like

Look for bugs too

1 Like

Looks like bugs are getting into it

1 Like

Look under your leaves

1 Like

I happily ground a little caterpillar to death with my fingers after finding it on one of my leaves.

2 Likes

Start using spinosad now to prevent this from getting out of control it is omri listed and works great for prevention and control

1 Like

Also sprinkling some DE will cutt them caterpillars to ribbons

1 Like

Can I used Diatomacious Earth instead of chemicals?

1 Like

I have very slow cell service out here in the country, good to know I can use DE!

1 Like

Another question- how much rain is too much rain? It has rained on and off every day for last week. I had original moved plants under my carport last Monday when we were supposed to get torrential downpours. Nothing really happened so when I got home from work I put the girls back out. They had started bending towards the sun that had peaked out from behind clouds.

I don’t want to keep moving them in and out of cover, and I want them to grow as naturally as possible.

Thoughts?

@Growit, can I use spinosad soap spray?

Not familiar with spinosad soap
I have used dr bronners castilles soap in my veggie garden and seems to work well for controlling aphids
I used Monteray brand spinosad during veg you can usually pick it up at Lowes
I ordered mine on amazon as I could not find it locally

Just check to make sure your soil is not becoming overly wet
Rain water has a very very high pH and that is not a good thing as it can disrupt nutrient absorption

Thanks for the info. I am planning on capturing a glass of rain water and checking it when my meter comes in.

Usually pHs in the high 8s

You should put out a drum to catch your rain water and pH it to use for the girls as rain water is high in pH but chock full of other good stuff
@garrigan62 uses reclaimed water for his ladies and they are super happy