Non germination of seeds second time

Seeds won’t germinate

What’s your process?

1 Like

Per ilgm I use 7.0 ph Water in a shot glass in a dark cabinet the seed will crack open but thats it

Temp plays a big roll in germinating what temps are the cabinet your putting your seeds in to germinate
?

1 Like

65 to 70 thermometer reads its in the grow tent that stays at 72

A little cool

3 Likes

When germinating i like to put a seedng mat under my shot glasses to keep things warm in the winter. I like to be in the upper 70s low 80s to give them a good start. Usually seeds pop in a day or 2 for me

4 Likes

Some growers use a seedling mat to raise temps. You can also simply sit it on top of a cable box or similarly warm appliance.

3 Likes

Hey @BigCat420. We nixed the cable. I am trying to figure out a different warm place. On top of the refrigerator or a small metal table above a heat register? Or just by a heat mat? I need to drop some seeds in Feb/Mar for the outdoor grow. Basement veg tent is on the chilly side. Flower tent is warmer. I really need to switch the two locations but have so many projects that have to take precedence.

Buy a seedling mat.
Atop the home entertainment center.
Warm bathroom cabinet.

1 Like

Back in the day before cable boxes I used to put them on top of my hot water heater

2 Likes

All great ideas! I’ll grab some of my mini trh thingies and scout out locations! I need to look up sprouting temps now to see what the best range is. I will also be germinating vegetables and herbs. Thank you for being so helpful!

Now the wheels are turning :muscle:

2 Likes

I put mine either below the sink with a heating mat. Some sinks have a garbage disposal plug in. Or above the oven my cabinet has a outlet for lights and I plug in my seedling mat and let them do their thing

1 Like

Two more places to put out the minis!

1 Like

@gregoryjohn sorry to highjack your thread but now we both have some good locations to consider.

1 Like

Removed unauthorized link have a look at this way

I honestly never germinate seeds, I put em in the dirt and they sprout everytime for me. Maybe just try that

3 Likes

Hello everybody I am a newbie that is me. Besides all that this Forum and the seeds from here are awesome.
What I did was put a half a teaspoon of hydro peroxide in 2 x 2 with 5 seeds rack Rubbermaid containers. Made sure in the morning at night to open them up to recirculate the oxygen. Of all 10 seeds all 10 broke loose in a few days. What I have read on this forum is the hydro peroxide gives it better chance of softening the outer shell and let in the seed punch out and do what it wants to do.
Also probably once every 8 or 9 days instead of just water I throw a tablespoon of hydroperoxide per gallon a half of water.
I truly feel this website and forum has almost all the answers and then the people are awesome here to chime in.
So that’s my experience and my first run came out as everybody has seen awesome
But I couldn’t have done it without this form and the seeds are awesome from here thank you I love growing marijuana hope this helps everybody

3 Likes

what is the name of seeds? Thanks.