No Trichome production on Jack Herer Auto Feminised Seeds

Hoping that someone can advise.
This Seedsman (apology ILGM) Jack Herer Auto Feminised is now 75 days from germination, but still no trichomes.
I have been feeding a routine amount of NPK (Astro Flower for K), but no trichomes. Not sure what gives.
She’s on 18/6 lighting. Feeding weekly with break for H2O at 3 day intervals.

4 Likes

Early still. Will come.

1 Like

Thanks Storm!
Seedsman’s time frame is 60-70 days so I had to ask y’all.
I’ll give a full report here at my best opportunity.
Best regards,
DPC~

2 Likes

Seedsman gives time “in flower” not “from seed.” If they say “from seed” they’re just lying anyways. When it comes to autos, I pretend the first 7 days after germ don’t exist, then assume the next 21-28 days are vegging, then the 7 after first pistils appear is “preflower.” I count days after those last 7 - so really you could be anywhere between 35 and 42 days in from germination before you’re “in flower.” Based on that, you’ve got a “real” 33-40 days “in flower” - about 30-37 days to go before you should be expecting them to be bulky, and honestly you might need to tack on another 7-14 after that for them to be appropriately ripe.

That’s not at all uncommon and they look stellar, so whatever you’re doing, keep doin’ it. :v:

2 Likes

Understood and duly noted. Others, like their WWA are fast as all hell to flower and near to harvest!
Been keeping fan leaves reasonably defoliated and she seems to enjoy pH ~6.3.
I’m on it my brotha’
Many thanks,
DPC~

1 Like

@DPCBassman Your pistols look great!! That’s gonna be a beasty stalk!!

1 Like

I am growing a batch of these now and have grown seeds from the same batch before it recently too and each time the grow was super slow. It does look and smell great now and can’t wait for harvest but in a prior run I even threw one of the plants out that just spent an eternity looking like yours and I lost patience. It must be particularly slow genetics for some reason. Looks good though and it will be good!

2 Likes

@Fieldofdreams @Graysin @Storm @42
She’s coming along nicely and will be ready for harvest soon. Thoughts???

4 Likes

She has more in her. Let the last white hairs brown and curl a bit and window open. Just me. Can back off the light some.

Back off the light - as in 12/12 or remove one of them? There are (3) 1000W LED’s

1 Like

Dim if can. If cant just raise a bit. We dont want foxtails. You are in the end game.

I can dim 2/3, which will be those on the sides.
Thanks Storm!

2 Likes

Welcome. They turned out great. You will be happy.

1 Like

Looks great! I agree…slightly longer and pulling the lights away. It’s interesting, I also had some similar foxtailing. I’m a week into curing now and test drove some and you’re gonna be a happy camper soon! Haha

2 Likes

@Storm , @Fieldofdreams @42
After an additional week of ~70>60>50% light, I’m gonna take her down. Trichome production improved since the initial post and pistils are at ~70%. Since I have a reasonable supply of late(r) harvest (70-90% pistil aging) WW-AF and Gelato-AF, I believe this sativa will be good right where she is.
Even still I’m open to consideration.

2 Likes

Might be a touch racy. Some love that. Personally i would at least let the top white pistils curl then give it the axe.

“racy”???

@Storm
Please educate the ignorant… “racy”???
Here’s a shot of the whole gal.

1 Like

A lot of clear trichomes produces an anxious/paranoid high.

Gotcha! Thanks, I’ll give her another look-see with a better magnifying glass than my eyes.

1 Like