No time for curing- is this bad?

I am going to be away for two weeks starting end of next week.

One plant will be ready to harvest by then but I won’t have time to cure it. In other words, it will be ready to dry when I am leaving. I just won’t have time to cure it unfortunately.

If I leave it to dry for 2 weeks will I destroy the harvest?

Anything else I can do?

Thanks.

If you hang the whole plant without trimming it will slow down the dry. Correct temps and airflow you should be fine

2 Likes

so you mean not cutting the roots off (and not trimming)?

Cut the stalk at the roots and hang upside down

1 Like

thanks!

might be tricky with the temps since it’s summertime and unpredictable but I can keep airflow. Normal temps here are 75 high/60 low… but it can get into the 90s too here in Paris…

1 Like

Airflow and keep humidity down to prevent mold.

2 Likes

I agree with @Painfree try to slow down the drying process by hanging the plant with the foliage. If you could get the temp down to 68 would be better. Keep some airflow moving but don’t blow directly on the plant. Good luck and enjoy your two week vacation.

1 Like

thanks- you guys are the best.

1 Like

For the ones that I can cure… how long does the opening and closing of the mason jar have to happen? A week or so before it stays shut?

1 Like

The first week I usually open a couple times a day second week once a day I usually pack a bowl after 30 days. Smell and aroma really starts coming out after about the third week.

1 Like

with all the flight cancellations my schedule got incredibly messed up this time.
One batch I will have 10 days to cure… after that if it’s closed for 2 weeks do you think it will be ok with a Boveda 62?

1 Like

I think you’ll be ok if you can get your moisture down a little below 62 before you put the Packs in. I use the little miniature hydrometers inside the jars so I know what the moisture is.

2 Likes

great. thanks. One thing about the summers here they generally tend to be dry. If anything what I’ve noticed is that the herbs become very dry without the Boveda…

(total opposite in the winter… it’s humid and grey)

1 Like

Good luck sounds like a plan let us know it turns out always good to share information.

2 Likes

will do!

1 Like