No-Till Gardening Tips

Im currently growing in 100% Coco Coir but will be Switching to No-Till after my current batch is done as i will only be growin Landrace strains which are an can be Very Sensitive which is the Main reason why i want switch to No-Till Besides being it being a all natural way of growing, I will be using 5 gallon fabric pots and BigRoots soil, However I do wanna add worms to the soil but im not sure how much worms i should add or what worms work best. If someone with NO-Till experience could help a homie out i would Greatly appreciate it an im sure the ladies will also when the time comes

3 Likes

@warkat was doing a heap of studying regarding this whole topic so this could be right up his alley buddy. I’m sure @fRIEDfRED was dabbling as well. I’ve tagged the guys so they should be along for a chat shortly :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I am not an expert! But curious about No-till. In pots? It could work?

@Budbrother maybe can help, a guru in organics. Check his journal also.

2 Likes

Alright good lookin out folks, Appreciate it @Davyg @GoodMafia

2 Likes

Anytime buddy, I knew there was a heap of the guys out there but their names escape me :man_facepalming::man_facepalming::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Red Wrigglers cover the top of the pots
European Night Crawlers go deep in pots

Numbers, a couple dozen of each. Worms self regulate their population size by available food n resources.

2 Likes

Alright thanks homie, Should i mix them in the soil before i put the soil in pots or dont matter?? Thanks again man @Budbrother

1 Like

After pots filled. Before or after adding a mulch layer

1 Like

Alright dope bruh, im plannin on using organic straw so i know they will enjoy that ,i tried learn as much as i could from the Mendo Dope Homies jus wanted make sure i knew what to do when time comes which should be in bout 2 1\2 months so not to far away.

2 Likes

Almost forgot to ask but what bout african nightcrawlers??

1 Like

Don’t know man

1 Like

Should give you some good insight @DaDankman

1 Like

Thanks for sharing @Davyg, but I want to caution that I’m really new to growing so lots of what is in my journal is still experimentation (#guessing).

That said, I see the discussion above is about worms and the conclusions from what I’ve read are (a) mixing species is totally fine, (b) that worms will self regulate themselves in terms of population (means they’ll reproduce if you only start with a few…) and (c) they will behave differently in different pot sizes, soils, etc. so in the end I threw in a few from my vermicompsting bin and called it a day. :sunglasses::v:t3:

2 Likes

On this one, let me know if you’re starting a journal?? I would love to keep up with you!

I would suggest this as key reading. Not so much to use all the stuff he’s endorsing, but to understand how things can be used to build and then amend the medium along the way…

My goal is to use the same soil in the same pot for as long as possible.

2 Likes

I hear you buddy. Non of us are experts and some if us like yourself are pioneers and the only way to learn is by trying out your own ideas or theories and possibly suggestions from like minded souls. That’s the main reason I tagged. Shared knowledge and experience, particularly first hand is an amazing way to learn. Keep blazing the trail :sunglasses:

1 Like

@DaDankman i dig it you check out the Mendo Dope Boys. Im tracking down there Locomotion for next summer. If you want giant plants look into Saphire OG. It will blow your mind! What state are you in?

1 Like

Mendo dont grow no plants- they grow fricking seqoiyas!!!lol

3 Likes

Another good input here:

Scylents-
I have heard the buzz about kis. I got some good information from Build a soil’s website. There is a video on it where he makes some living soil. If you watch it, there is a part where they sent variations of “coots mix” to the lab for analysis.
There were 10 different variations, mainly due to the amount of sphagnum moss they used. My soil recipe is based on the recipe he went with because the soil’s pH was 6.1 or close to that. I didn’t follow it exactly, as I had some different amendments to add. Hopefully that will help. I am sure KIS is good, but I tend not to follow trends. I just want something all natural that is somewhat easy to get set up. I know that my recipe is good, but it needs some things added to it to improve its “clumping/staying together.” This is only my first try, so I am sure it will be evolving for sure. Good luck with everything- peace
…

1 Like

Totally with you man.

No-till is definitely a trend (even if it’s been around a few years) and I thought this was a good reality check. Not something that preaches how you can replicate nature in your indoor pots…

But I would love to say that I have a sustainable set up. If I can manage to only amend with compost and a few dry amendments then I’m on the right path for me.

When it domes to soil recipes, I think there are thousands of options. The key is to manage that ph through multiple grow cycles if you’re after a reusable set up. @Cannabian gave a super sharp input on that one in my journal.

2 Likes