No tent. Two seeds up. Help. What’s next to stop leggy plants

3 gallon bags. What’s next? I have a 4 tube t5 set up for lighting. Should I immediately put under grow light and if so how high? Temp controls set to max 78 degree’s. For normal garden plants I run the light at night because temps can drop to about 65 degrees. Sorry so many different questions but my first plants ever. Auto flowers.

4 Likes

@BLackthumb2 she is up and running…yes light but not heavy until she gets another set of leaves

3 Likes

You can always add more dirt and bury that stretchy stem. It will grow roots and help in the long run.

To prevent leggy seedlings, more light intensity is the key. But its a fine like. You dont wanna fry young sensitive plants neither.

4 Likes

Hi and welcome to the neighborhood. Congratulations…a baby is born! The best is yet to come.

2 Likes

@BLackthumb2 this forum will have you rethinking your screen name after this run to 2green2b-leave lol!! Your gonna love the adventure!

3 Likes

Looks fine and welcome. Like @PurpNGold74 said.

2 Likes

Welcome to the neighborhood :blush::v:

2 Likes

Yup, what was said above. To lower stretch they need light… for taking care of the leggy plants, bury a little but also make sure you don’t overwater and keep air movement (slight) so the stem wiggles and gets stronger

2 Likes

How high above is that t5. I keep mine about 10 inches. Closer if they start stretching.

2 Likes

Yeah those T5’s can be put pretty close…

2 Likes

Welcome to the community.

2 Likes

This is what I have after two weeks. One short and one tall. Do I need to worry? Help please. You seem to be very knowledgeable. Thanks.

3 Likes

Looking to a brother biker for help.

My plants are very different and being a first time grower I’m not sure what is needed. Planted in 3 gal bags in Fox farms happy frog. Watering with a Fox farms grow fertilizer. Need advice from you pros.

2 Likes

Plants vary in size and shape. Same strain can look totally different. Growth rates can vary also. Getem past the root building stage and they will probably even out or at least get close. Unless a clone never expect 3 seeds same strain/breeder to be alike. Just nature spreading its genetic wings. LESS is more at this stage. All the cool stuff happening below the soil.

1 Like

@BLackthumb2

If we’re Wild Hogging it in here can I chime in lol??

I wouldn’t sweat they height difference at this point in time, they both look healthy. You’ll likely grow past this in no time and be on to your next anxiety attack with these girls. Being a helicopter parent is stressful lol.

4 Likes

If you raise the tall one 3 to 4 inchs but leave light where it is at it will start getting tighter nodes and the other will still want to stretch a little to catch up.

1 Like

I, too, am new to autoflowers and growing in soil (vs hydroponics). Question: how powerful an LED light - or lights - do I need for 3 White Widow autoflowers? I’ve now got 2 100W LED’s, but the conversion of wattage to light strength baffles me. Previously, I grew with bigass (a technical term) MH and HPS lights for larger grows, but those lights are a huge electrical draw and generate hellish heat. So, what wattage LED full-spectrum lights do I need to keep these babies happy and not leggy? Thanks from a newbie autoflower guy and experienced psychonaut.

nah… every plant is different just like me and my sister LOL

1 Like

Update. Plants are growing like a flag pole. Watched many videos and non talked about pruning to spread plants. I’m wanting to top both plants but not sure if I’m right. Just started growing 5 leafs instead of 3. Should I clip the middle? Only one bud won’t make this work. Lol. Or maybe abandon and start from scratch. Please help.

Sorry. I’m a first time grower myself and making all the wrong mistakes. Hopefully some pros answered your question.