No smell week 6 flower

Beginning of week 6 no smell is this normal

2 Likes

4 Likes

What do you have for lighting there? Could have done some LST on it to get it shorter and more colas. Not sure on the smell haven’t had one that didn’t yet.

It’s a 450 whatt hps

It’s my first one did not want to mess with all that first go around I just orderd 20 ww autos so will employ that on them this was just a seed I kept

1 Like

When it grew it grew strait up no branches I only let it veg until it was 2ft tall switched lights and now is 40 inch tall and the buds have just grown almost into one solid bud

Wierd but looks like ull have a single cola.

Welcome to the community @Cyle1 !!! Kind of weird but it looks like you will get some nice bud out of her. You should definitely consider LST (low Stress training) on your next grow. Especially if they are Auto Flowers. If not, then possibly try super cropping. with all the different methods that are out there, you can really increase your yield. And, with the help of all of the great growers around here, you can be assured that any problem you might have will be diagnosed and explained. So that you will have a great outcome for all your labor. So, happy growing and keep posting. We will help!!!

2 Likes

No sweat! Still got some waiting to do it looks like! Plant looks good for sure, was just saying it helps. I have WW growing right now did the 20 seed deal.

1 Like

howdy @Cyle1 welcome to the forums. i don’t grow auto’s but you have to be careful about stressing them thru pruning and topping. i would read the forums “auto-flowers” subject to get some ideas. good luck on your grow!

1 Like

Right on guy thanks

Hey there @Cyle1 and welcome. I’m sorry to say but that’s a funny looking gal you got there. Nice cola though.:wink: she looks like an auto clone but dont mind me I’m doing same as you. This is my first indoor organic grow so I’m learning as much as I can. These guys & gals here know what they are talking about and are willing to help at any time of day or night!! Seriously just have to shout out and someone is there!! I dont think they ever sleep!! Lol!! Download and read the grow bible. It opens up all kinds of good info. Welcome and good luck to ya!!:woman_farmer:

1 Like

Hey @Angie thanks ya the has about 8 branches but they grew straight up but it had 0 branches until about week 2 of flower they have stayed short and close has a smell if I rub the stems real close but other then that no smell but I remember the bud it came from so not to worried

2 Likes

Well good luck with that one she may knock your socks off!!:drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face:ya never know!! I’m definitely going to watch her finish!!

1 Like

if it’s not a “tall” strain then it could be light intensity and distance from top of plant to light ? 450 is OK but the recommended distances are generally OK but can be improved like for instance remember the minimun distance for LED’s is 1 foot = 12 inches. IN flower a 300 watter give’s good yields with NO light issue

1 Like

Trial and error!! Only way we can learn what and what not to do next go around.

Single cola, nice. But do you know you can improve your yields? And all your 450w goes with buds (you can get 450g after learn some tehqs)
Learn some techniques before next grow. You can get with 400 hps with right tehnic and right medium/nutes combo 200+g’ms, if your beginner.
Begin with LST&HST.;top(multiple, if you have photo)
After some training, you GET more…
Bigger Lights ofcourse :grin::v:

1 Like

Forgot Nice plant !!! very tall cola and with the 300’s I veg at 18-20 inches and flower at 12-10 inches

1 Like

@Cyle1

I found your post over here of your HUGE Cola tree you got going over there. She did grow funny, but boy, what a cola that is going to be!

Hey, you mentioned the smell during week 6, this seems crazy to me, but I have heard a couple talk about their plants going through flower with no HUGE overpowering smell. but not NO smell at all.

week 9 flower bottom buds just now starting to smell fruity but still really no smell I got about 8 diffrent branches but they did not grow until I switched to flower then they only grew 2 inches and started flowering and it kinda just grew into 1 single bud if I rub a bud there is a very strong smell but my wife was looking at it for me and she said she could not smell anything and she dont smoke @kw_Bat