No second leaves

I can’t get pics. Bigger plants died. I have autogrow. Indoors using supersoil from pot for a pot. Seeds come up great. But then only grow straight up no second leaves. As high as 6". I keep them watered, but not overwatered. I start out wit the blue flouresant light about a foot over them when they sprout then move up. Use bottled water. Keep room warm and humid. My kids grow with a light bulb in kitchen! HELP

1 Like

They’re reaching for light thats not there. Can u get the light you are using lower, like within inches?
Welcome to thecommunity

4 Likes

If you use fluorescent light, you’ll need a lot of them. I find that regular household LEDs work better.

3 Likes

I bought some 100 watt cfl for seedlings but haven’t used yet.

1 Like

what @Allinherhead said. Light needs to be with in 6" at max on little sprouts. this is common for any type of plant you start from seed. or you will get the over stretching and they becoming leggy.

2 Likes

Also be aware of the watering. Seedlings get most of their intake from moisture in the air, taken in thru it’s first leaves. Very little water is needed. And then, around but not up to the stem.
Welcome to the forum!

3 Likes

Ok. Thank you.

1 Like