No growth at all

Can anyone tell me why my plants are so small at day 26? They are not bushy what so ever, and they just don’t seem to be growing. The last few grows i’ve done were with organic dry amendments, and I made my own super soil for these. Not gonna lie, I am not a fan of using organic dry amendments. Maybe i’m an idiot, but I just cannot grasp how to use organics. I will be switching back to synthetic liquid nutrients next grow.

3 Likes

Living soils are slower. Plants look healthy. This is a grow with all dry ammendments/living soil. Only thing to figure out is what container to use to water with.

2 Likes

Well you clearly have it figured out. I was doing top dressing before I made my soil, and my last plant yielded less than an ounce. I averaged at least 3 ounces per plant when I used liquid nutrients, with no deficiencies. I seem to always get issues with organics. Now i’m second guessing everything. Are my lights too far away? Am I not giving enough light? I’m using Vipar spectra XS2000 at about 80% power, and 27 inches away.

1 Like

I was surprised with the impact proper temperature and humidity has on a young plant’s growth rate. I had thought how much of a difference can that make. Once I gave them a home with temps 75 - 80 and humidity about the same, they thrive and take off.
Living soils, I know very little, other than if you get the combination of nutrients and microbes working together in a good base you can be very successful using it.
I went from soils to coco and Jacks.
Are you growing autos or photo?

5 Likes

@rvf239 greetings. I have a short one growing in organic soil. It takes time for the alive soil to make a relationship with plant. Even tho nutrients will kill the alive stuff. This is 37 days old in pre flower now. Wedding cake strain.

2 Likes

I should have said something like plant based nutrients. I figured it was inferred given it was in the context of living soils.

1 Like

I’ve also found that winter grows seem to start off more slowly than spring or summer grows. Once they get going though…

5 Likes

I am growing autos. My temp stays between 77-81, and humidity between 40-50%. I bent the main stem over a few days ago, but there just doesn’t seem to be many bud sites, or foliage growing. My last plant was the same way, and didn’t yield much at all. Hopefully i’m just paranoid.

2 Likes

You just being inpatient. It happened to me too. This are autos too. Same temp and humidity. This is my plant at day 26. Very similar to yours. Grown in organic soil

This is her today. At 37 day old.

This are all my autos. You going to be ok. A lot of awesome help here. trust me. You be ok

2 Likes

Cool thanks. I feel a bit better now. Yeah this forum is awesome. I always come here when I need advice, or help with things. So many great people here. I appreciate it.

1 Like

Great forum. Great people here. I’m learning so much from this folks. They are pretty Amazing. Do you have a grow journal. Or this one will
Be for this plant ?

2 Likes

Not all autos are runts. I change soil for the next grow and the plant is the Same strain. And have grown different. This is her at 17 days old today.

1 Like

Yeah I keep a journal. I’ll forget everything if I don’t. Your plants look real good.

1 Like

A journal here in the forum. I’m going to tag you in mines. So you see what I’m taking about. All the help there in one spot.

1 Like

Ahh no I don’t keep a journal on here. I usually try to figure things out on my own, but the last few grows were the first time I ever used organics, and i’m encountering issues that I never had using synthetics.

2 Likes

It is a learning curve. You will get it. I personally will never go back to mixing nutes.

2 Likes

I ran into a bunch of problems not knowing what I was doing with organic soil. I got a friend here that he grows organic. He can help. He is the man. The myth @Docnraq

3 Likes

Thanks, definitely a learning curve. What size pots do you grow in? Do you water till run off? I’m using 7 gallon pots, and use about a gallon each time I water.

1 Like

My understanding is feed the soil not the plant. Which ammendments are you using?

I mean maybe…seems unlikely your an idiot tho :rofl:

Both organic and synthetic are great ways to grow cannabis! Consider a merger of the two. Use synthetic nutes with a real growers recharge (or some other myco product) twist.

In the meantime…
Lets talk about your current grow.
Tell me more about it, like…
Water frequency and amount
Water type
Soil makeup
Ammendments
Lighting
Environment ( day/night temps, RH)
Anything else you think may be important.

2 Likes

I use 5-10 gallon depending auto or photo. No runnoff needed if keep moist. Pretty simple growing. Like @Docnraq said we are feeding the soil which feeds the plant.

2 Likes