No flower after 3months

A customer has a question or concerns and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks.

I have a Hawaiian Dream that my parents started from seed on their back porch last summer. It did fairly well up until the temps started to drop so I took it into my indoor grow. It have been under 12/12 since October 5th and yet still is not showing any signs of buds whatsoever. Over the last two weeks I have gone to 11/13 and now 10/14, which has shorted the node spacing, but still no buds. Any suggestions you might have would be greatly appreciated. I have attached a few photos to show what I am dealing with.

Hawaiian1Hawaiian2Hawaiian2

4 Likes

Have you thoroughly checked for light leaks?

7 Likes

Are you feeding it bloom nutes which are low in nitrogen? Have you tried leaving it in total darkness for a full light cycle (one and a half days)?

5 Likes

Good lord that’s a monster for an indoor plant!

I would agree with the others, probably light leak. Check your space well from the inside with all lights off, and outside area lit well. If you can verify that, maybe try 24 hours of dark and then reinstate 12/12.

6 Likes

I agree, you might have a light leak in your tent which is causing your plant not to bloom. I would suggest starting with that first.

5 Likes

All good info. Let us know what you come up with for leaks…

5 Likes

OP here. I have checked for light leaks on several occasions and there are absolutely none. I have been successfully growing in this exact room for almost three years without any issues. I am using the same Vegamatrix line of nutrients and schedule that I have been using for that same time along with my usual super soil mix. This is why this is so mind-boggling to me as everything is exactly the same as every other grow. I have also grown this same plant before and it was ready in 9 weeks. I will try going full dark for a few days and see if that makes any difference.

3 Likes

Another thing I should add is I have a buddy that I gave one of these seeds to and he is having the exact same issue, but using a different line of nutrients and soil mix. Makes me wonder if genetically there is something off with these seeds.

4 Likes

Sounds like something is off… try a day of dark to jumpstart flowering.

2 Likes

Yeah, that is going to be my next step. I also just ran out of bloom mix and will be getting another bottle ASAP. That is the only other thing I can think of is that my bottle was nearing two years old and may not have been as potent as it once was.

2 Likes

Even if the nutrients were old and not as potent, being on a 12/12 light cycle, that shouldn’t matter too much. She should still try to flower out.

3 Likes

Well put MJ plants are photo triggered so should be seeing some response? Is this a Sativa strain? and when is last time you replaced your bulbs?

2 Likes

Okay dude u said u had them outside correstly? Okay here the promblem when u take somethi g out door and bring it in it go in to tiny shock nothing to worry about. It will take a while for it to. Feel DIFFERENT i doors. What u should be dping. Keeping it on for veg 18-6. Then. 12-12. Then slowly add this to ypur plant reminder do not add to much n as it. Just keep ur plant growing. U need to get it to think it in. Flowering time inder to trigger that what i do e before was u need something in rabge 2-8-4. Which bran i use to trigger bloom tiger bloom for abundant blooms and buds. Other one sometime i mix bpth in low doese alaska morbloom it stimulate budding anf blooming this one is 0-10-10. This is good one to get veg to stop and start flowring. Makes sure ur grpwth room is totally darkness. If it still subborn i would go day or two. 12 hoirs light on and 15-18 hoirs light off to tigger budding flowering and before u know it it will go on. Ur plants r healthy as i can see. Hope this helps

2 Likes

One that look orange is ones u need for. Flowering. One that is like bright
blue is for veg.

1 Like

Hps is flowering. Hp os for mh

They will usually produce flowers regardless of mh or hps bulb, it’s more of how well they develop that’s the difference. Same with nutes, feeding bloom nutes won’t make it produce flowers either.

3 Likes

These bulbs are about 12 months old and are Hortilux daylight full spectrum (mix of MH and HPS in the same bulb), which I have grown my absolute best flowers with, including this strain once before, but I did start that from seed inside this same room without any issues. I also don’t think it is the lights as my buddy, who has the same problem from the same batch of seeds, is using high-end LEDs and all the other plants in his room are flowering perfectly, but this one.

2 Likes

My thumbnail pic is from my last harvest that was grown under these same bulbs. Yielded just under a LB from 4 plants. Definitely, don’t think it is the bulbs.

1 Like
  1. Life Expectancy
    It has been mentioned by many professional indoor growers that indoor grow bulbs have the most intense lights in the first year. After one year it is recommended to replace the bulb because the light intensity gets weak over time.

Some claim you can run an additional harvest with an Eye Hortilux grow bulb. This is simply not true and if you did, the last harvest will not result in a bigger yield.

Eye Hortilux mentions this on their website regarding their bulbs as well. So knowing that you have to replace your grow bulbs once a year (roughly about two harvests), means that you would be spending more money on the long run on an expensive bulb.

The Eye Hortilux Super HPS can be used in both veg and flower, but in my experience, you will get much better results having a separate MH bulb for veg and then a standard HPS for flower. Put the money you saved on your flowering bulbs toward good veg bulbs, they will make more of a difference and you will be investing in fewer expensive bulbs.
5. Eye Hortilux have the same warranty as any other grow light bulb.
Yep. They follow the same 1 year warranty that has been standardized in the industry. This is because bulbs decrease efficiency after 1 year of use and they either tend to blow out by this time or lose their potency for your garden. Even though they might be superior initially, they have the same expiration date as all grow light bulbs in the industry.

Lumen loss just some food for thought

3 Likes