No community without each other

Yes sir, enjoy your lovely day.

1 Like

I agree, that was kind of the nature of my making if the post was to make it a little more personal for those that would be interested in that kind of thing.

2 Likes

Hey everyoneā€™s, sorry for the late replies. Iā€™m a fisherman in my day job and I only just got back from a small couple day trip. Hope everyone is doing great :slight_smile: and thanks everyone for the support, it truly means a lot.

4 Likes

So like a big troller or what thats interesting to me Iā€™ve gotten stuck (high) watching some documentary on fishermanā€™s life I always was saying to myself (out load) I could do that but then I would think about being out in that deeeeeep water and nope Iā€™d probably get used to it I havnt found many things in life that I couldnā€™t do but we stoners ramble sometimes hu @DebbieM.

3 Likes

@DebbieM I freakin love :heart: you. You just ooozze goodness like a fresh baked cookie all warm and a crisp glass of milk. Every time I find you and read watever it is you have written it just puts the biggest smile on my face and just a real warm feeling in my heart. I may never get the chance to meet you but I am honored to have met you.

3 Likes

Yes sir, itā€™s a scalloping boat. Two big dredges go down and scrape the sea floor. Than we bringem up, pick them bag( get all the scallops separated from whatever other sea life got stuck), shuck them, and then thatā€™s pretty much it. We put everything on ice and sell it at global auction. Itā€™s a fun job honestly. Brutally hard and unforgiving but rewarding work. I was thankful to find the job after leaving active duty about this time last year.

2 Likes

Yeah I never really understood how if you give your life for your country shouldnā€™t you get like a free pass in life that how I would see it but thatā€™s cool as hell and I missed out a lot in life Iā€™m finally well itā€™s been 17!years together place I feel ok. Sorry I have abandonment issues (really) but I just see so much wrong in the way people are these days. I think there was a virus going around ( I had a little bit of) but on three other groups Iā€™m a member of I came across guys fighting because new guy asks a question and expiernced guy say you should read a book cuz I donā€™t answer dump rookie questions then someone else chimes in then what are you here for I was in shock the way people treat each other ā€¦ Damn Ramblin lol ha ha

5 Likes

Scallops is one of my familyā€™s favorite things to cook on special occasion I make a mean seared scallop with a white wine rosemary garlic cream sauce a maybe a filet mignon steamed veggies Damn bro now I want scallops

1 Like

You say finally well. Iā€™m glad to hear things are better for you, whatever they were. And yeah people can be pretty awful to each other sometimes. But itā€™s great to see people who are not.

Scallops are a favorite of mine. Iā€™m thankful to be able to eat so many as I fish for them. If I had to pay for one forget about it. But hey, thatā€™s why it pays the bills.

2 Likes

Iā€™d gladly give you some if I could, I have so many.

3 Likes

@DebbieM , I love you and if I find out how to find you , Iā€™m coming grow you a couple plants :potted_plant:, Iā€™m really serious love , itā€™s just the kind of friend I am right . Eggs , sticky rice , gelsom , beef Jerky , wings , and shwimps , scallots and king crab is my diet and a spot I can plug my Cpap up when I take my naps , Iā€™m good to go love and I can survive with warm showers :shower:, I did the cold shower shit for over 10 years in my younger days back in Angola :angola:, but a hot bubble bath for the back and hemorrhoids and Iā€™ll get you a harvest love , plus Iā€™ll have to grow me one to for my travels back home after I smoke and grow yours right . I live a very boring life @DebbieM , but this what happens when you master the things you passionate about , I had no idea I would get more money than I could ever spend by trying not to make money verses I could not make enough money when I really need it , but When itā€™s a calling on your life , the more I act like Jonah , the closer Iā€™m getting to the blessings lmao ! But Iā€™m still running :running_woman:!

2 Likes

Try a GoFundMe page. I would just pay for it but I am poor and on disability. Also, I live in a special building run by Cornerstone, we are only allowed just one person to live here, and that is us. I can have overnight company for a couple days, but not for extended amounts of time. Itā€™s worth having them over all the time for the rent reduction, and I like my caseworkers and donā€™t mind them coming over, after all, I live alone and company is really nice.
I do have a bathtub. However if youā€™re going need to grow some too you should bring your tent with you, I just have 2 small tents, one is being set up for veg and the other will be the flower tent. Depending on what I get from my 2 current girls I may be able to cover both of us maintaining a steady dose of our medicine. Itā€™s looking like the flip will be within a couple weeks. I am gonna start my next plants maybe this weekend, this time Iā€™ll do 3, but it may be super crowded, The veg tent is small but can hold a lot more than the flower as they are smaller.

You say you live a boring life but your posts and methods are ā€˜Wild and Crazy Guysā€™ reference Saturday Night Live. One of the reasons I like you so much, you have not been boring at all, us crazies are interesting and you, my friend, are at least as crazy as me!! We will be wild and crazy weed watchers.
Where are You? Donā€™t get too specific, no trouble here, just a general Idea.
If you want to find me itā€™s a bit of work, so you canā€™t give any information here, but Instagram you can. You wonā€™t find me, but there is someone who would be EASY to find and he knows how to get a hold of me, heā€™ll read this and if youā€™re serious he might give you my contact info for IG.
Weā€™ll need to find you a place to stay, how about camping? I have bathroom facilities, but you could camp, if youā€™re a camper, I have a tent and sleeping bag, or you could rent a camper. In your first post re: coming out here you mentioned air bnb. I donā€™t even know if we have that in Joliet (Moderators: I donā€™t live in Joliet), but there are plenty of motels.
So, if you can work it out, let me know and then come on over. Welcome to you

2 Likes

I know for a fact that I do, Ramble on, and donā€™t go on the boat unless you know how to swim.
And I would love to meet you too, You never know, in a couple years we could maybe get those who are interested and can get here to have a BBQ or like a reunion. I just say here as I am in the middle. Iā€™d rather come there, I miss California, I really loved it there.
Now you say Iā€™m like a cookie and cold milk. That is really a nice compliment. Speaking of cookies when you get your butter made if you want Iā€™ll give you my recipe for Oatmeal choc chip with butter roasted pecans. They are to die for.

3 Likes

Welcome to ILGM. this type thread is exactly why I created the Green Room.

I lost a close friend who was Gunny for Lima Co. at P.I. unitl we went to war. His name was Phil Jordan. He got killed Day 3 at An Nasariyah along with many others when the maintenance group commander, his company was protecting, got lost and led them past the frontline and all the tank support right into An nasariyah which was heavily fortified by Taliban.

He was awarded the Silver Star and they named Jordan Hall after him at the was college.

phil was a great guy and did not have to go, but relayed to me he did have to go in order to keep ā€œall these kids aliveā€; As he put it.

Happy Trails to all, peace and happy growing.

9 Likes

Same! So easy, quick, and tasty on the BBQ.

1 Like

My deepest condolences on the loss of your friend. No reward or medal can make up for the loss to his family and those who loved him. He sounds like a GREAT guy. War is awful and we lose too many, keeping in mind that even one is too many. Iā€™m not a vet but my dad was in the Navy for WW2, and he had stories that ā€¦ well lets just say the details are just what youā€™d expect for a wartime story. He always had all my boy cousins all around him with rapt attention, more attention than they paid in school. Needless to say I am very grateful that he came back. Heā€™s gone now, but I still miss him 30 years later, but at least I got to have the time to spend with him, as every moment is precious. Iā€™m sorry I canā€™t cry and type

7 Likes

editā€¦ pics removed, original poster stated non crop related discussion

1 Like

And can someone tell me how to make my buds not shrink. Lol I no one of you has the secret itā€™s probably @yoshi

2 Likes

LOL. The only way to ingest buds before shrinking is to eat them off the vine. LOL

5 Likes

@Jaydawg6528 , like my mentor said @latewood is the only way that can happen , if you consumed them straight off the vine . Now those are the guys who taught me every detail about what I know . Iā€™ve seen some strange concepts that has been attempted , but the real truth to any science dirt grown vegetable , the water content must be evaporated out the vegetables in order for the ripen process to take full curating, ripening , etc. Iā€™ve seen nitrogen spray in light doses trying to preserve the trichomes , which I did not understand but I think thatā€™s a part of the ripening that has to take place normally.
But if your herbs retain a fraction of the harvest size , how will it burn :fire: if you donā€™t evaporate all the moisture out .

3 Likes