No community without each other

Hey guys, I just wanted to make this thread as a way for everyone in this community to reach out to each other. Recently, another one of my Marines took his own life and while scrolling through the forum I thought it might be a good idea to have a place where the community can go to find camaraderie and hopefully create a place people can bond more closely and have a sense of belonging.

It’s been a challenging couple years for us all, and to all of my fellows in the cannabis community, I love you and hope you’re all flourishing!

23 Likes

Semper Fi brother, I was a Marine in another life, still a Marine in my heart.

9 Likes

Rah brother, glad to see you out here. A big fan of your posts. How’s your spring treating you?

2 Likes

I am so sorry to hear about this, thank you all for your service and may God bless you.

9 Likes

I’m not a Marine but I’m willing to listen if someone needs to talk about something.

9 Likes

No need to be :slight_smile: and thank you for that. I just thought with so many people being and feeling so isolated in this pandemic (or even some without) it would be nice to have an area such as this to communicate and just develop tighter bonds. And that for many of us in the cannabis community depending on where we live, some people might find themselves as the only person they know who is really passionate or knowledgeable about cannabis growth. And since majority of the forum is strictly for crop talk (aptly so) we all won’t always get the chance or feel comfortable talking about whatever it is that we’d like to share. I think having opportunities to develop stronger bonds within a community, not only makes us as individuals better, more confident, and gives us a sense of belonging. It also makes the community as a whole a better place. And for those of us that live outside of Canada, or California, or Colorado this kind of close knit community of growers and consumers may be harder to come by. And I just thought that having somewhere to come to say hi to your fellow growers, and to be able to keep up with their daily lives in a way that doesn’t break the rules of the forum would be something that many of us might enjoy. Not necessarily just a place to go vent, but a place that you know you come to see your friends and make new ones and gain perspective or offer insight as it’s such a diverse community.

9 Likes

Thank you Dino, blessings to you and yours as well.

2 Likes

Heartbreaking is the only way to describe how American Patriots who served their country are treated by the same professional politicians who sent them into harm’s way. OUR American Patriots deserve the very best available.
They took care of America…America should be glad to provide for them.

10 Likes

So very true…

3 Likes

Lots of complex issues for sure, the world just needs a little more community and a little more weed :wink: so how is every bodies weekend going?

7 Likes

Way better than I deserve, life is good…

3 Likes

Haha, glad to hear if. You getting outside to enjoy any nature recently?

2 Likes

Sure have when I’m not taking care of the honey do list. Had 20 odd deer in the backyard the other night. We have loads of hummingbirds
and every other bird you can think of. I have always been a nature nut.
Hope you are living the dream, my wife is on me to get out and get started in the yard. Talk to you later this evening brother.

4 Likes

Here in Texas, the killer freeze destroyed ALL vegetation. Vegetation needed for hummers to survive is very slow coming back. I got two $1 hummingbird feeders at the Dollar Store. Keeping them full changing every two days. Little guys can only go about 30 mins without eating.
THEY IS sooo beautiful. Love watching them feed.

4 Likes

Vets don’t die, we just go to HELL and regroup
I am 3rd generation military. I thank all my brothers and sisters for their service. :facepunch:
I did search and recovery,in the military and civilian sector. Always hurts to see one of your own go.

@DoomSlayerBuds I am sorry for your loss,brother. Good on you for holding his memory high. I will spark another joint for him and all my fallen brothers in arms.
The folks here are lovely.

I am getting the ladies prepped for this season outdoors. I had a beautiful, long tap root on one of my ladies I put outside this morning (into a rooter plug,then in the dirt).

Locked,cocked, and ready to rock!
SL out.

9 Likes

Absolutely, agreed!

8 Likes

DoomSlayerBuds, I’m very sorry that you lost another Marine! In his/their memories, thanks for starting this thread and thinking of others. :heart:

4 Likes

@Kinglouida13th @abouttime @kaptain3d @Jaydawg6528 @HappyHydroGrower @CalamityJane @patchman @Covertgrower @Hellraiser @yoshi I think that’s a great idea, I just mostly say whatever on my page, but this could be good, too. These are some people who are great to talk to so if they are interested maybe they could also participate.
I am in IL and don’t know anyone who grows out here, I know smokers…Therefore this was such a good find for me, I have gotten so much help, my plants were sick and I’m kinda just tossed in with very little research or anything so I didn’t have Lots of the stuff you really need for this plant. My daughter got me a little MarsHydro that fits in my closet and a friend of hers gave me a little plant that she grew from a seed in a bag of weed. Bag seed: I just got it now. Sometimes I wonder. But anyway, no meters, solutions, nutes, just the tent with air filter and light. I didn’t know how to post a picture, it is a big pain in the tushy, I had to have my young neighbor come and show me how (twice). I still forget a step now and then and have to go and up and download it all over again. I did not realize you need to be a biologist, or a botanist or horticulturist or a combo of all 3 with a bit of electrical engineer with a pinch of mechanic.
I also feel like I have made real friends here, that I may never meet, but I care about them and think I will stay in touch even if not here.
This has been sitting here for 2 days.

7 Likes

So this is we’re all the weirdos hang out.

edit… love the meme but is not in line with community standards

3 Likes

Haha, absolutely.

2 Likes