No buds at 9 weeks

Hi all, looking for some advise from forum members who may be able to help!

I have two Northern Lights Autos, both 9 weeks old, and neither plants are producing and buds. Lots of nodes and white hairs/pistols, but no buds. Now the white hairs are starting to turn red and leaves are starting to yellow, but still no buds. I was told these plants take 10 weeks. I’m 9 weeks in and no buds.

OK was that a 10 week flowering or 10 week total ? 10 weeks seems awfully short . Sorry I’m old school lol

10 weeks total. I was told this auto was 11 weeks from seed to harvest. Am I wrong?

They flower when they ready…
The time told by seed breeders is irelevant unless you grow the from day one exactly as they are step by step…
One thing , if you still feeding them anything with nitrogen you need to stop…
Autos do not need as much nutes as regular photos, the more nitrogen, the longer they will stay veg…
Now I am not veteran grower, but I grow a lot of autos now, different strains…
None of them will be finishing at the timeframe stated by breeder…
No worries, its mother nature…
Good luck

1 Like

You can always switch to 12/12 and finish them like that. Sometimes they need a boost like the photo periods although they are not supposed to. When did you switch to flowering nutes ?

2 Likes

@TxGrowman. Totally agree. I’ve never grown autos but I don’t know how any plant can’t benefit from a resting period. I understand that they’re genetically predisposed to bloom at a certain week/day - but wouldn’t it stand to reason that you’d go 12/12 just to enforce the flowering period? It’s my understanding that autos take the guessing out of when the plant will bloom - maybe not necessarily that you can leave the light on 24/7. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Sorry if this is off subject. Lol.

1 Like