NL Autos Grow Journal

Congratulations youve got babies! Welcome to forum!!!

1 Like

@dbrn32 @peachfuzz @merlin44 @Countryboyjvd1971 @BIGE @Laurap So I made an executive decision yesterday and watered my 8-day old seedlings. I know, I know, that’s supposed to be too early and underwatering is much easier to overcome than overwatering but I done went and did it.

I started out by soaking my soil and letting it run off before planting, and had been just misting around the seedlings no more than 5mL/day. Yesterday after monkeying around with my temps for a couple days trying to keep it warm in my room (still cool here) I fingered the soil and it was very dry. So I watered about a 3” circle outside each plant with 250mL 6.4. If I see no detrimental effects I’ll do the same when it gets dry again, and depending on the results, I may start feeding early too.

Crazy huh?

3 Likes

@nod, there is not a set schedule for watering nor feeding. Each grow and each plant (is suspect) has different needs and must be dealt with accordingly.
It sounds to me like you have done just right.:+1:
Feeding? Now that is a different story. It seems that there are many opinions on when and what to feed our plants. I tend toward being a minimalist on that score. My plants are 4 1/2 weeks old and have only received pH adjusted water, no nutrients other than that supplied in the soil.

I don’t currently plan on feeding until flipping to flower unless I see some deficiency that needs to be corrected.:mag::writing_hand:
Keep up the great work, your garden is coming along just fine.:+1:

3 Likes

@Nod I actually start watering around that same time just make sure you let soil dry out before watering again no worries

1 Like

@merlin44 Nice plants, what are you using for lights?

1 Like

I am currently using a pair of Dimgogo 2000W (356 watts each). I also have four daylight LED flood lights to facilitate photos every day or so.
I have a few additional lights (2 Dimgogo 1500W and 1 Dimgogo 1000w) to use as the grow gets larger in area. I will use the 1000 for a cloning/starting bench going forward.

If you have some time to kill, here is a link to my grow journal: First Grow From Beginning to End :grin:

The Dimgogo lights are not amongst the most popular and talked about lights but I am finding them to be an outstanding product so far.

1 Like

I’ll be in the shadows. I’ve enjoyed the autos that I’ve grown. Cool little plants.

1 Like

@merlin44 Wow, comparing your plants with my little seedlings, I’ll never catch up. I’ll be 2 wks this coming Saturday and barely out of the dirt.

1 Like

You will be surprised at how much your garden will grow in the coming days and weeks. Mine may actually be on the puny side compared to most.

@Nod, you have a nice grow going, keep up the great work.:+1::+1:

@merlin44 I need to leave them alone (for the most part) and let nature take its course. My wife says she’s surprised I haven’t installed a baby monitor. (Little does she know).

4 Likes

@dbrn32 @peachfuzz so you’ve got me rethinking my lighting scheme and I’ve been looking at the HGL 260, 260xl, or 260Xw. They are outside my budget since I’ve already spent 4bills on the Amazon lights and I’m wondering if I can still use them as a supplement or sell them. I’m not sure how to configure the HGL order as far as wavelength is concerned except comments suggest my deficiencies will show up during flowering. Also, can I assemble these lights myself? I can do about anything mechanical but electrical is not my strong suit. Is everything included? Will I need a reflector hood, cooling fans, mounting devices?

1 Like

I will leave this question for @dbrn32 because I don’t have a clue my friend… I don’t use led’s… sorry I can’t be more help… :wink:

:v: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

If you buy one of the kits it will include everything you need. They generally aren’t run with hoods and reflectors. Usually run 4 boards per 4x4’ as far as room size go. Here is assembly video.

2 Likes

Thanks @dbrn32 for the videos. I can do this. Is it possible to use one of these lights for the veg and flower phases? I see the 3000K light is described as “flowering and general use”.

2 Likes

That’s the one I would buy for start to finish. I believe that’s what they mean by “general use”.

2 Likes

I’ll be two weeks from sprouting on Saturday and I’ll share some pics then. Above soil growth is slow and I’m hoping the roots are progressing. I am at 100% on my white and blue dimmers with red at zero, 20” above the plants. Also using 12 13W 6500k CFLs on 2 fixtures (will soon be replaced by 25W) My temps are on average about 73 with 67 low and 86 high. Humidity is from 30 to 45% with a large bath towel hung from the ceiling and soaked from a bucket below. Besides misting from the beginning, I have watered twice in 4 days 250mL per plant per watering. I have a small ceramic heater on constantly, fan on low and temp in the middle. My circulation fan is on at intervals close enough to make the seedlings tremble a bit. My intake and exhaust fans have been running off the same timer, but I’ve since unplugged the intake fan due to cold outdoor temps at night. I will continue to water as needed but as I’ve said before, am chomping at the bit to start feeding. I don’t think my soil had much in the way of natural nutrients, and that’s obviously an opinion based on little experience. I’m leaning towards purchasing a new light ,and hope this will satisfy my needs. The two Viparspectrum will be available if anyone is interested. Pics on Saturday. Thanks everyone for your help and comments. @BIGE @dbrn32 @merlin44 @peachfuzz @Countryboyjvd1971

4 Likes

Not sure that link is allowed here, may be a good idea to delete jic.

Personally, I think you would do a little better with multiple movable light sources with your size space. It will give you a lot more flexibility in the long run. So maybe two smaller units would be a better option? Even if you got one now and another later. I would probably recommend two of the 260 xl kits over one 320 kit.

2 Likes

Two weeks tomorrow. Not impressed at all.

They are working beneath the soil.

3 Likes

be patient grasshopper!

1 Like