NL auto first time!

I just started my first auto grow using nectar of the gods coco . I germinated in water moving to paper towel planted in ground 5 days ago. Not sure if this is good growth or not .

8 Likes

Welcome! @Littlebear1. Don’t go by how many days old a plant is. All strains are different and even plants of the same strain/pheno can go differently than each other at stages. Everything looks pretty good so far. Can you try and give us a little more info on what your using to grow? Lights? Ventilation? Fans? Feel free to ask any and all questions there’s tons of good people on this forum packed witch knowledge!

7 Likes

Welcome to the community!

5 Likes

Yes a detailed run on whats going on being used and what not helps alot. Id try and spray that shell and knock tge shell off the leaf if possible without harming the leaf. It will keep the leaf from maturing where the shell is stuck. Might be a touch and it falls off might have to give a slight pull. Toothpicks work great to do this. Good lick and welcome home. I say home because ull be here alot trust me not for info but just to look at all the beautiful buds in the world

3 Likes

Welcome. Stay the course ask away with a @ in front of name. Just check the helmet on the seedling. If not gone on its own lightly remove with clean tweezers @Littlebear1

1 Like

Thanks for the comment and willingness to help! I’m excited to be able to get advice from whomever is willing to talk gardening!
I’m currently in 2x2 tent a little under 6 ft tall. I have 4 inch inline fan With carbon filter and mars hydro ts1000 Light. Growing with cocoa perlite that’s mixed 50/50. I have been using ph 6.1-6.3 for watering these little ladies. The temp has been 75ish during day down to around 65 at night. . I’ll post some pics of my set up .

2 Likes

@Growcoast …thanks for the post! I’m excited to grow ! This being my first time I was stoked to see all of the support people here have to offer I added to this post with some more info on my set up . Let me know what you think .

1 Like

Thanks for the info @ConcreteBudz ! Glad to have the support !

1 Like

Thanks @Mark0427 ! I posted more info …I’ll try and get some more pics up

1 Like

In coco u wanna be around a 5.8 to 6.0 for ph. 5.8 being best spot.

2 Likes

Here are some pics of my set up . The bigger sprout is a lemon auto and the smaller is the northern lights auto . Both planted and germinated at the same time. The temp got up to 82 for a few min it’s back to 75ish

4 Likes

Is that that intake next to the exhaust ? Try and get the intake all the way down to the bottom of tent and exhaust from top this way ur pulling freah air up thru the plants. Right now the exhaust is taking most of the fresh air out if thats what im seeing. Other than it looks good

1 Like

Oh and when u water try and stay like a solo cup rings with away from the plant and as it grows keep moving ur water ring outwatd til u have to water the whole thing promote the roots to stretch outwards this way.

3 Likes

Thanks @Mark0427 i will adjust . The intake is at the top and . Vent on bottom of tent is open pulling air in from bottom . Exhaust is going out the top of the tent via ducting

1 Like

@Mark0427 …I’m new so my comments were limited yesterday . I just want to say thanks for all the help !

1 Like

Can some one lend some advice ? Me little ones are sad . I stopped watering yesterday (was just misting and watering once a day with ph 6.0 in coco)
Did I over water? Are the lights too bright? Running mars hydro ts1000 at full strength about 30in. ( I raised up the light and lowered to half )
Are they gonna recover ? Growing lemon and northern lights auto. Temp has been at 72 -75. RH at 40 … got it up to 55-60
Thanks in advance!

1 Like

@Littlebear1 have your sprouts recovered at all??

Looks to my like you might have over watered some. Wilted leaves like that can be a sign of too much or not enough water. You would know if she wasn’t getting enough because she would be dry all the time. Also I saw your growing in coco and phing your water to 6.0 I would recommend going to 5.8. hydro calls for slightly lower ph than other mediums. And technically coco is a hydro method of growing.

1 Like

Yo @ConcreteBudz thanks for the advice . I think I over watered them and have since brought the ph down to 5.8 or as close as I can get . I think when I misted my tent to up the RH, some droplets got on the sprout and burned the water leaf. I remember seeing it and forgetting to remove it . So maybe that’s the issue . I have been feeding each about a cup of water a day(I did skip a couple days to let it dry up a bit) . I might hit them with 1/4 strength nutrients and some cal mag to see if it helps …slow growth so far for being on day 12 since putting in water to germinate.

1 Like

So there in just pure coco right now with no other additives? You should add some nutrients yeah at 1/4 strength. Coco is a bare medium. It doesn’t contain any nutrients or food in it at all. So your lady’s are definitely gonna need sort of food definitely go light at first. What Nutrients are you gonna be using?